How much $$ for a front-mount blower ??

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #11  
My B2782 for my B2910 cost me $2800 complete.
The front mount is a real piece of work and clears heavy snow with no problems. It will throw the 1.5" stone on my drive way 60' into the woods.
Rick

Attachments

• 718986-snow blower.JPG
    718986-snow blower.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 214
   / How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #12  
That is one pretty unit. Do you have a problem with breaking shear pins when it picks up a 1 1/2" stone? Mine will also throw them, but more than once it also has broken the shear pins in the process. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #13  
The first winter was a nightmare!!! Bought the shear pins by the bag.
Second winter I learned how to do it. First couple of small storms back plowed with the truck to pack the snow down.
Then when I used the blower I never lowered it all the way down, left about 2" of snow, which I cleaned up with the truck.
I changed the shear bolts out for grade 5 bolts and used a regular bolt on the HS impeller which breaks when I hit a lot of the stone. I think I used 3 impeller bolts and no grade five's last year.
Rick

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...................I changed the shear bolts out for grade 5 bolts and used a regular bolt on the HS impeller which breaks when I hit a lot of the stone. I think I used 3 impeller bolts and no grade five's last year.
Rick )</font>

This is a big mistake!! I had posted a picture last year of various brass and bronze gears of snowblowers that people had changed out the shear pins with stronger bolts. A friend that has a small engine repair shop keeps them on the front counter to show to customers what damage is being done to the gear boxes, when people make this tragic mistake of substitution. Each summer, he starts the display new. Right now, he already has a head start since they are doing snowblower tune ups and repairs. Your choice, pay for the shear bolts or pay the larger repair bill later on for new gears, shafts, seals, labor, etc. Sometimes I hate to even mention these things because after a while, it gets old quickly for the poster and the postee, but in all fairness to those that don't understand why the manufacturers use soft bolts, it is necessary to help out our TBN brethren...... Junk...

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #15  
I just bought a 7800 with a large snowthrower for the front. I have not used it yet, but I am hoping for a big winter. I have two questions related to this thread:

I wondering how many people chain up their tractors for the snow.
Where do people mail order their extra shear pins? There is not a dealer nearby.
Thanks

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #16  
for spare shear pins, go to www.tractorsmart.com to get mail order parts for all your Kubota tractor needs. Great people to work with... Junk....

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My B2782 for my B2910 cost me $2800 complete. )</font>
That sounds like a great deal compared to what I was quoted.

Did you buy it when you bought your tractor ? And if not, did you buy it from the dealer that you bought your tractor from ? Or from another dealer ? New ? Used ?

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #18  
Well, lets say "cash talks"!
Bought everything but the york rake NEW from the same dealer at the same time and received an excellent price.
Rick

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #19  
Either valve will work your fel but you won't like that 4 way on the Fel least ways I didn't. The 4 way is necessary to rotate the chute. I had a blower with the proper shear pins in it and I picked up a piece of wood and the pin did not shear and bent the auger. Kubota would not stand behind it on the warranty. I had to get the auger straightened and traded it back to Kubota just so I could get my 3 way valve back.