How much in repair costs?

/ How much in repair costs? #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
I own a Kubota GR2100 garden tractor that I've owned for about 5 years. Lately I've been having to spend about $400 in repairs every 6 months or so. I thought Kubota was a very reliable brand that needed little repair and I certainly spent a lot of money on this machine. What kind of repair costs are you John Deere owners experiencing after several years of use?

/ How much in repair costs? #2  
I own a Kubota GR2100 garden tractor that I've owned for about 5 years. Lately I've been having to spend about $400 in repairs every 6 months or so. I thought Kubota was a very reliable brand that needed little repair and I certainly spent a lot of money on this machine. What kind of repair costs are you John Deere owners experiencing after several years of use?
They are but you got a bad model of one.

/ How much in repair costs? #4  
I bought an entry level John Deere LA120 back in 2007. I had an initial issue with the valves needing adjusted, but other than that, no repairs. The only parts I purchased were filters, oil, grease, 2 different types of blades and spark plugs. But you read the forums, the die-hard's say the 100 series are junk. Go figure!

/ How much in repair costs? #5  
I bought a new John Deere LT 155 lawn mower with a 38'' deck 12 years ago, I bought a new mower belt and battery this year. That was it zero repairs. The belt would squeal a little when you engaged the mower so I changed it out. I could charge the battery for ten minutes and it would start all summer after that.

So all in all it hasn't needed anything in the 12 years I've owned it. I change the oil and filter and grease it in the fall and clean the air filter, every other year and every other year put a new air filter on it.

I guess I could mention I use stabil in all of my implements etc. year round, I haven't touched a spark plug or carb in 20 years.

I put Stabil in all of these.

X728 John Deere

Lt155 John Deere

111 John Deere

An older Wheelhorse 8 horse rider

Chainsaw

Weedeater

20'' walk behind lawnmower

9 horse pressure washer

Edger

They all have stabil in them year round and they never need worked on, they always start right up.

I'm one of these old guys, I'll be 71 this October and I've learned if something works don't screw with it.

Rob

Rob

/ How much in repair costs? #6  
I have a GT 275 that I purchased in 1997. So far I have put a new battery in it and changed the spark plug, oil, and oil filter yearly. Haven't replaced the air filter as the outer filter element is washed and oiled and the inner element I clean by blowing it out with the air compressor. Haven't replaced any of the the belts yet - I might replace all of them next spring as then I can go another 15 years...

/ How much in repair costs? #7  

How many hrs are on the tractor and how often do you use it and what do you do with it. This all plays into the repairs you have to do. I use my tractors everyday and wish i could get out that cheap. But like I said my tractors are work tractors.

/ How much in repair costs? #8  
I own a 13-year old JD 345 and I have sent less than $300 total on that machine and all the repairs were done at a JD dealership using all JD parts, filters, and lubricants. Based on that record, I purchased a JD Ez-Trak 655 ZTR last May.

Bill

/ How much in repair costs? #9  

Rolando, can you list the repairs? Are you spending $400 each 6-mo on the same parts/repairs? Are the repairs to the deck and the rest of the mower works fine? Certainly, $400 in repairs every 6-mo is a bunch, but it's important to describe the repairs and give us some history if you expect meaningful comments other than sympathies.

/ How much in repair costs? #10  
What exactly has failed on the GR2100? I have been looking at one but have read horror stories.

My JD 2305 and Simplicity Landlord DLX have been very reliable.