How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth?

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #11  
Amazed at what little use the machine had gotten in 15 years.
Your comment wouldn't have been confrontational if you didn't say "Why have a tractor then?" which is none of your business. I have a year old MX5400 and I just reached 25 hrs. Should I have a tractor?

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #12  
Yes, you should have a tractor or two or three.

I had a friend that was so particular about his John Deere that he kept it waxed. Looked showroom new.

The OP is looking for pricing info. If the OP has one of those rare tractors that hasn't seen much use and is in great condition, it may be more valuable than what average condition tractor price data suggests in this crazy market.

If this is that kind of tractor, it would sell quickly here. The OP needs to consider what the newest equivalent model would sell for at the dealer today.

But if the tractor was beat up doing storm clean up, then a buyer will also take that into consideration.

Last edited:
   / How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #13  
Your comment wouldn't have been confrontational if you didn't say "Why have a tractor then?" which is none of your business. I have a year old MX5400 and I just reached 25 hrs. Should I have a tractor?
Got a stick up your butt? he can post anything he want's to, this ain't mommy and daddy's house last time I checked. Sounds to me like you don't need a tractor either. Wanting and needing are 2 different things. I don't need 4 motorcycles either but I have them because I can.

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #14  
If I were a buyer, I would ask if this machine were used moving large downed trees as if it were a skid loader during the break in period? I passed on a couple of low hour tractors shipped with grapples recently not being able to know how they had really been used.

Prior use and maintenance are also relevant to pricing.

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #15  
It's easier to come down in price than go up lol! Price it a thousand or two above what you see commonly advertised on the big web page dealers selling used machines, and go from there. It'll make a buyer feel good to talk you down, and you still get a fair price. Personally if I were looking at used tractors I would gladly pay a thousand more for a local machine I can see in person, test out, and drive up on my trailer and take home that day over an online purchase and have to wait and pay for shipping on top of that.

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth?
True, don't even know if I am selling it yet, just seeing what the market is like.
Thank you

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #17  
True, don't even know if I am selling it yet, just seeing what the market is like.
Thank you
Market is about as good as it ever was or will be (hopefully, things will get back to somewhat "normal".)

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #18  
I happen to like - make that "prefer" - older machinery that has been well kept and with very low hours. When I buy I like to know the exact history, and expect literature, receipts, and records.

I've also been around machinery long enough to know exactly what I'm looking at. Frankly, when I go out looking for a machine to buy my first thought is that I am hoping to find one like yours. And although I like a bargain as much as the next person, if I end up am looking at exactly what I hoped to find.... well, I am not put off when the person wants pretty close to what it cost new.

I'm not the only guy who feels that way about older machines, so give us a chance before you start giving it away.
rScotty

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #19  
The last Kubota which my father bought was an L2800 HST. They are nice tractors. My brother still uses it mowing and plowing snow around the property yet I still don't believe it has 450 hours on it.
What matters is that it's there when you need it.

Clean tractors are hard to find, and somebody else already mentioned that you can come down but you can't really come up in price.
With the mower I would list it at 15K or better, especially since you don't sound certain that you want to sell it. Find somebody like the poster above me and you both will walk away smiling. 👍

/ How much is a 15 year old L2800 HST with 100 hours worth? #20  
The last Kubota which my father bought was an L2800 HST. They are nice tractors. My brother still uses it mowing and plowing snow around the property yet I still don't believe it has 450 hours on it.
What matters is that it's there when you need it.

Clean tractors are hard to find, and somebody else already mentioned that you can come down but you can't really come up in price.
With the mower I would list it at 15K or better, especially since you don't sound certain that you want to sell it. Find somebody like the poster above me and you both will walk away smiling. 👍

Yep, I just can't see where there is anything new on the market that is better than a proven quality, well cared for, and low hours used machine.
If there were warranty issues, I know that those have been already taken care of by someone else.
Looks like a win/win to me.
rScotty