found road diesel at 1 station 3.70 most are 3.79. Haven't checked off road

/ How much is your Diesel cost? #23  
$ 3.33 per gallon today for off-road here in Tennessee.l

/ How much is your Diesel cost? #26  
$3.99.9 per gallon in mid-Michigan now.

/ How much is your Diesel cost? #28  
$4.00 in MA and $4.25 in CT.

/ How much is your Diesel cost? #29  
It went up last week, to an extent that I called the boss to check prices elsewhere before I purchased fuel. It was $3.89 and I left Fort Payne, Al and ended up fueling in Temple, Ga.at $3.74. Could have gotten it cheaper just west of there, but it really doesn't pay to go out of your way to buy fuel at a couple of pennies per gallon difference. Yesterday I bought fuel in Fort Payne, at $3.74 when all the rest of the places I had seen on my way up had been close to $3.90 so I jumped on it even though I only needed a little bit ($515 worth).
David from jax

/ How much is your Diesel cost? #30  

Say we each get 12 mpg in our diesel trucks. At $3 per gallon its $0.25 per mile. At $4 per gallon its $0.33 per mile. At $4.50 per gallon its $0.37 per mile.

So lets say its a 1000 mile trip. At $3 per gallon its $250 for fuel. At $4 per gallon its $333 for fuel. At $4.50 per gallon its $ $375 for fuel.

Yes it may be another $100 or so but if I was that tight on money I would not be going. For me thats dinner and a movie for my family or a fill up in my F-350. Not trying to say I have tons of money or like it but I am not going to let it effect my family's fun yet. I can cut back somewhere else if I really need that extra $100 for fuel.

:thumbsup: I think people just notice the price of gas more so than say a gallon of milk or what they pay for bottled water. The gas stations have big lit up signs showing the price of gas that is too big to miss by design.

Then you go to the grocery store and the prices are not so big. It is easy to just grab the milk and go never noticing the price. Lets not even talk about people who buy a pint of water.

Even with the price of fuel going up a $1 a gallon since last Oct/Nov, the price is about where it would be with inflation compared to the price decades ago. I would rather be paying Oct/Nov prices though. :D:D:D:D

The price went back up to $3.94 here.

Later,
Dan