How much land do you care, how big is your tractor

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( KC, I think the only way to answer your question so that it benefits you is to have some idea of your intended use. Frankly I have a M9000 90hp 4wd open air tractor and 350 acres of Texas Hill Country which is 80% rock 15% mule sh*t and 5% dirt capable of growing crops. I needed the hp for a lot of very difficult tasks that a lesser powered machine would either have trouble with or just couldn't do period but if all I did was plant and till the 10 or less acres that is flat and fertil enough to grow anything on I could probably get by with a 20hp machine. In addition to planting I do a lot of dirt work, run a hydraulic auger and cart around on my loader arms a 1,000lb hydraulic grapple for clearing brush, cedar and picking up and moving large trees and rocks.
Steve )</font>

Steve, just a general question. I am looking to see how big of machine people are using for there land:)

KC

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #12  
Just look at other users' profiles -- they should have included how much land they have and their equipment. With nearly 26,000 registered users, this thread will get extremely long if everyone responds.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #13  
80 acres and 32Hp Deere 4310.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #14  
KC,

60+ acres and a NH TC35A with FEL. Tractor has a 35 HP engine with 29.6 HP PTO. All of the land is pasture for cattle grazing, with a couple of acres of medium thickness woods, and too many acres in my book of weeds (multiflora rose bushes, stinging nettles, briars, thistles, etc.).
Working on the weeds. Gives me some good seat time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #15  
Hi KC,
10 Acres with a MF 1040 FWD 32HP, 28PTO HP.

scotty

Attachments

• 865150-outhouse.jpg
    865150-outhouse.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 125
   / How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #16  
Ok, where is cowboydoc...

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #17  
We have about 15 acres open with grass and clover, 10 wooded with some four wheeler trails and just over a mile of gravel / dirt road to maintain. I had 40 hp for three years and just upgraded to a 50 hp.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #18  
42 acres. 42 hp tractor.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #19  
120 acres half fields half woods with an M5700 which is about 57 HP.

/ How much land do you care, how big is your tractor #20  
6.5 acres, 33hp, 27hp pto.