How much money in a 5 gal water jug?

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug?
Well, the good news is that my girlfriend works at the bank and says they can count it so thats not gonna be a problem. The problem is that she now knows I'm about to cash in /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
The coins are mixed. I figure that if I were to seperate the coins, it would be too tempting to raid the bank.
I dont have a loader but that might be the implement of choice.

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug? #12  
Years ago I started with a glass jar on the dresser. Then I made up a 6" X18" PVC pipe and put only quarters in it. I would occasionally roll it across the floor to get a little more into it. When it was full I emptyed it and rolled them and had $800.00 in quarters.
Also knew of a guy one time that took an old milk can and had the cover welded on and put a slot in the top. When it was full he took it to a car dealer to buy a new car. When it was opened and counted he had well over 7 grand in it. Probably didn't pay for the whole car but it made a nice down paymemt.

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug? #13  
I had a friend that did a similar thing. He cashed in a small waste basket full of odd change. It would take about 5 of them to fill a five gallon bucket. And he had 700 dollars in it so that would probably be between 3,000 and 3,500 for your jug. He took it to bank and they had a machine that counted it out for him. Most banks have these nowdays. Should be enough to by a good FEL.

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug? #14  
Depending on the mix of coins my guess is 2100. Based on the $110 that I just wrapped from a 1 litre jar. Considering that 1 gal = approx 3.79 litre then 110 * 3.79 * 5 = 2084. But then if you have a greater ratio of large change to small change or vice versa that could all change /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Kurt

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug? #15  
well, I would begin by seperating the coins. Then I would put all the like coins in different shoeboxes. (you know, nickels in a box, quarters, and so-on or zip lock baggies)

Then, I would take them to the bank just a few bags at a time. Ask the teller to put the coins thru the counter when they have time and you will come back in a couple of days to pick up the cash.

My local bank does this, but understand you have to let them do it at their own time because if they fill pressured they may tell you they don't have time-period.

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug? #16  
I dump my change in a 1.5 gallon ice tea jug. Dumped it twice in the past 3 years; first time was just under $1,100, 2nd time (last fall) was slightly over $700 (not as much silver, the kids must be getting braver about 'borrowing' some).

-Norm

/ How much money in a 5 gal water jug?
Update.
Got it counted for free at my bank. They even gave me some sacks to put it in.

KAB was the closest guess at $2100. The total came to 1981.65
The weight of the coins was just under 160 lbs
I'm really sorry that Chim's guess was'nt the right one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif