How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today?

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #11  
I'm having a hard time keeping up with new and used prices. I bought all my tractors used, and they are currently selling for 20% - 25% more than I paid for them. I did look for bargains, but still, the marketplace is on fire these days. What is your experience?
The closest configuration they have to my 11 year old tractor, MSRP is almost exactly twice what I paid. And unlike 11 years ago I don’t think anyone is offering anything for less than MSRP.

On a broader note, if I tried to put together the property, buildings and equipment today, that I have built up over the last 14 years… well bottom line, I probably couldn’t afford what I have. 😉

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #12  
I bought a set of pallet forks from Nick last month. First time dealing with him. I had mentioned that a guy on TBN had said he bought a 4707 from you and was waiting for it. I think he said he had 6 or 7 on order for folks and that deliveries were tough right now. He does seem to be doing lots of business on the stuff he can get.
He posts on FB all the time, and he's had one 4707 come in so far this year, that went to somebody ahead of my on his list. I didn't ask him how many people where ahead of me when I talked to him last week, he just said that my scheduled delivery date was now May 1. He also said that they missed the two pervious delivery dates, and he's not sure if they will make this one.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #13  
The closest configuration they have to my 11 year old tractor, MSRP is almost exactly twice what I paid. And unlike 11 years ago I don’t think anyone is offering anything for less than MSRP.

On a broader note, if I tried to put together the property, buildings and equipment today, that I have built up over the last 14 years… well bottom line, I probably couldn’t afford what I have. 😉

Our tractor's "build it" price has gone up 38% in 14 years. That's remarkably close to the price of inflation over that period of time. So in dollar value the price hasn't changed much.

I thought it was too much at the time, and I think the same today.
Would we buy it again?
Yes, we think we would - though it would be even more of a hardship to afford.
There is no way we could afford today to replace what we've bought over the last 25 years.
I think that's called "progress".
rScotty

Last edited:
   / How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #14  
My LS XG3025 (MT225E) TLB with 5' box blade and a PHD w/9" auger package deal came in at $23,500..... I just got a recent new quote for insurance purposes...... WOW! If I wanted to buy the same package now it would cost me just under $35K. I'm glad I bought when I did.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #16  
The word on the street right now is the most discount you will find is 10% off MSRP.

You're probably right with the market conditions we're in now but market conditions change as nothing lasts forever. As I stated earlier, when the cheap mortgages go away this industry will find itself in a very different position.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #17  
I'm looking for the purchase price for my Fordson E27n. 1950 money being what it was, might have cost many hundreds of dollars. Not bad for a 45 hp tractor that weighs over two tons.

Wonder what it would cost to replace?

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #19  
Where are you seeing this and what are the reasons for it?

I'm seeing it at both friends and dealers. As an old mechanic I hear it everyday. The story is always the same. The car/truck/tractor looks nice, but it doesn't run/work/charge... or some other problem. Some wannabe mechanic put in an hour and couldn't fix it so it just sits there. Eventually it will go to scrap auction or for giveaway.

The reason seems to be too few mechanics and most working replacing parts work. Not enough mechanics doing troubleshoot&rebuild work. So it's good for those guys, but then it always has been.
rScotty

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #20  
I'm seeing it at both friends and dealers. As an old mechanic I hear it everyday. The story is always the same. The car/truck/tractor looks nice, but it doesn't run/work/charge... or some other problem. Some wannabe mechanic put in an hour and couldn't fix it so it just sits there. Eventually it will go to scrap auction or for giveaway.

The reason seems to be too few mechanics and most working replacing parts work. Not enough mechanics doing troubleshoot&rebuild work. So it's good for those guys, but then it always has been.
rScotty
So what you're saying is it's a mechanics find not a consumers find.