How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept?

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #1  

Pote

Tractor
Kubota, Ford
Bone dry is the only way, or a couple of drops per minute is ok, or steady drip drip drip drip is acceptable as long as it doesnt get worse or she's pretty wet, but I lover her anyway?

First time I'm using the remote valve and it leaks a lot. I'll be calling the dealer/installer today but it's a hassle for both of us to get it back in for service - ~ 50 mile one way trip. I can still use it but I'll have to be carrying jugs of fluid till I'm sure how bad it is.

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #2  
Bone dry is the only way, or a couple of drops per minute is ok, or steady drip drip drip drip is acceptable as long as it doesnt get worse or she's pretty wet, but I lover her anyway?

First time I'm using the remote valve and it leaks a lot. I'll be calling the dealer/installer today but it's a hassle for both of us to get it back in for service - ~ 50 mile one way trip. I can still use it but I'll have to be carrying jugs of fluid till I'm sure how bad it is.
A few drops a day is one thing on old equipment but if this it is new then there should be nothing dripping. Check all of the fitting and make sure they are tight and inspect the valve to see if there is any cracks or defects

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #3  
For reasons including long term economy and short term environment damage I'll live with a 'weep' (wet spot), but a drip (observed) needs to be addressed.

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #4  
My need to repair a leak of hydraulic oil is based on the volume of oil per year used,,

If the leak consumes $10 per oil a year,, and the repair will cost $200,,, and the machine is already 40 years old,,,
correcting the leak is hard to justify,,

Tell the wife to pick up another bag of kitty litter at the grocery store,,, :confused2:

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #5  
The only "leaks" I've ever experienced - improperly connected hydraulic fittings. What a mess, but an easy fix. This was on a tractor that I bought new and kept for 27 years.

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #6  
A drip is not acceptable .. A bit of damp around fitting or whatever is probably acceptable...

Dale

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #7  
My need to repair a leak of hydraulic oil is based on the volume of oil per year used,,

If the leak consumes $10 per oil a year,, and the repair will cost $200,,, and the machine is already 40 years old,,,
correcting the leak is hard to justify,,

Tell the wife to pick up another bag of kitty litter at the grocery store,,, :confused2:

Exactly correct!
I have 6- 50lb. bags of oil absorbent on hand.
Got a great deal several years ago, but hopefully will never use them all.

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #8  
A drip is not acceptable .. A bit of damp around fitting or whatever is probably acceptable...

Dale

An 8" diameter spot on the floor, over the winter, is quite acceptable for my 49 year old Ford 3400.

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #9  
When I bought my old JD 855, it came back from the dealer, after a through inspection and check out, with a curl cylinder that was spewing oil. I thought I had blown a seal but the fitting was barely screwed on.

Check the obvious things first...but it should not leak.

/ How much of a hydraulic leak/drip do you accept? #10  
I’ll allow a drop or two per minute for a few hours of operation but after a few hours the leak will start to way on my mechanic’s nature and I just have to fix it. I’ve noticed that the cheap (less expensive) hydraulic fittings from overseas suppliers tend to have greater tendency to have leaks due to lack of quality control with thread form, especially with NPT fittings.