How much PTO HP do I need

/ How much PTO HP do I need #11  
HI,

I have a kubota, but I think it may be for the same reason that First Choice attachment owners pull the First Choice name into discussions...

Because they feel that the product they bought had a good price/performance ratio!

I could be wrong...but that is the read I take.

Bill in Pgh, PA...more or less...

/ How much PTO HP do I need #12  
Macher,

you are probably right about this one, and I was probably just being silly, it just seems that some of these owners really feel strongly about their purchase. Maybe I should have bought one too? I guess it is just excitement over their good decision. Sorry if I came across as too blunt.

/ How much PTO HP do I need #13  
<font color=blue>Why is it that many members feel the need to promote a particular brand (usually Chinese or Korean) whenever someone asks a question? I have no particular problem with any brand of tractor, but why is it that when someone asks a question regarding the availability of a tiller or box blade, someone always has to chime in with just how well a particular brand of tractor would pull that implement?</font color=blue>
Ron, not that it applies in this particular thread but something else to consider. Perhaps these posters are not 'regular' members. Even though they might appear as such, maybe they are dealers. When I read such posts, I head to the member's profile and typically find almost nothing. If all the person does is post generic recommendations for one brand, i.e., they don't share any personal experiences, don't ask questions or answer any (except to tout a brand or a dealer) then I begin to wonder. There are many reasons why people do not fill in their profiles and having a blank one doesn't mean someone is a dealer. However, when combined with a recurring style of post, I generally begin to ignore their posts all together.

By the way, there's no way to stop dealers from doing this. Anyone can register and begin posting. However, if they think by making such posts will cause me to buy their brand of anything, or buy from the dealer they claim to be so happy with, they are wrong. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

/ How much PTO HP do I need #14  
I think alot of it has to do with the fact that alot of them are very fond of the product they sell. Yes, some are trying to make sales but I think some are just fired up about their tractors. Some are very sincere about what they say but may come across pushy. This is word of mouth on a grand scale.
KO

/ How much PTO HP do I need #15  
<font color=blue>I think alot of it has to do with the fact that alot of them are very fond of the product they sell. Yes, some are trying to make sales but I think some are just fired up about their tractors. Some are very sincere about what they say but may come across pushy. </font color=blue>
KO, I have no problem with anyone who is fond of their product or fired up about what they sell. That's the way dealers should be. If they aren't excited and proud of what they sell, then they shouldn't be selling it. I just prefer dealers, or anyone else who might have a financial motivation for their recommendation, to identify this motivation.

/ How much PTO HP do I need #16  
I do agree that there are probably more dealers than we know of lurking, I think that some people post brand /size of tractor / impliment when commenting to give an idea of what 'x' tractor with 'y' horse power will do, etc.

Not all 20pto hp tractors are going to behave equally well. many factors ( weight / fuel, etc ) will influence attatchment selections.

For instance, there are pto attatchments that I would not put on my 50 year old gas 26 hp 8N, that I might put on my 22yr old diesel 21 hp ym1700. and vice versa.

Soundguy

/ How much PTO HP do I need #17  
I have a woods 60 ,which is standard duty. it is built like some medium duty cutters. i run it with a kubota l3000dt which is 27 pto hp. i have been very pleased with it . i did look at the bush hog 285 med duty for the diff . in cost i couldnt justify it.
I considered and really would have liked to have gotten a 45 hp tractor . i came real close to the L4300dt. just couldnt make the budget fit.

/ How much PTO HP do I need #18  
Check out the Kioti line of tractors. A lot cheaper than the green or blue ones and seem to be just as good.
And in perspective to some of the previous posts in this thread... I am NOT a dealer, nor do I even know a dealer very well. Some of us consumers just like a particular brand of tractor. Not taking any offense at the posters referring to dealers in this subject. I have seen the obvious dealer posts too. I do know that a DK35 Kioti is about 5K cheaper than a comparable green tractor,and from all I have learned personally and off of sites like this one on the web, just as good.

Just my opinion and observation.

Make a good choice on your purchase and then enjoy it. One tip... if you can afford it always buy a slightly larger tractor than you think you need.... you WILL find uses for the extra power/weight.