Buying Advice How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #41  
Why is it that in these type of threads the OP is seldom heard from? He has made 2 posts 22 minutes apart and has not been heard from since. To me, there have been enough questions raised that I would think that he would want to answer so that we can help him out with some better advice. I know maybe something came up, and time will tell. It just seems odd to me.

Just my :2cents:

Internet version of a "tire kicker"...you see 'em on every forum (regardless of the forum's topic or subject of interest.

In the OP's (oshills) case, that farm was probably a really great dream (you know...get out of the rat race, work for yourself). Then reality sets in...

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #42  
Well, I'd say to those who've posted great advice, "Thanks!" At this point, there have been 40 responses to this thread, but over 1300 views. It's like a college professor teaching a big class. There may be only one or two folks asking questions, but the whole class benefits from the professor's answers. Those of you who have taken time to give thoughtful and detailed responses have educated many of us other than the OP.:thumbsup:

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #43  
Why is it that in these type of threads the OP is seldom heard from? He has made 2 posts 22 minutes apart and has not been heard from since. To me, there have been enough questions raised that I would think that he would want to answer so that we can help him out with some better advice. I know maybe something came up, and time will tell. It just seems odd to me.

Just my :2cents:
probably went -- Gulp ...

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #44  
Well, I'd say to those who've posted great advice, "Thanks!" At this point, there have been 40 responses to this thread, but over 1300 views. It's like a college professor teaching a big class. There may be only one or two folks asking questions, but the whole class benefits from the professor's answers. Those of you who have taken time to give thoughtful and detailed responses have educated many of us other than the OP.:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #45  

Somebody else mentioned something similar in another thread. I had never really thought about it this way and you are absolutely correct.

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #46  

While this is true, just think of how much more detailed the info could have been if the OP would have stuck with us and just answered a few questions.:(

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm #47  
I don't know if oshill is still checking this forum, but one question I have is even though the farm has not been worked for a couple years time, where did all the equipment go that maintained this farm.

/ How much Tractor Do I need for 300 acre farm
Gentlemen, I would like to apologize for my delay in response. I've been working 12hr shifts and have not had time to check the net. My intent was not to waste your time or disrespect your net. I am very appreciative of your thoughts, advice, and wisdom. You are correct that I am very inexperience.....quit obvious with my question. Clearly with my work schedule, I can only do this part time until I retire (next 6 to 8 years). My farm is located in Georgia and most of the neighboring farms are cow/calf operations. I am going to take the next year to research and develop a good game plan and consult with the neighbors. Again, thanks for opeining my eyes to many considerations.