How much tractor

/ How much tractor #11  
Reg:

His problem with the Ford or a Chevy or a Dodge for that matter any brand with a slushbox is that he can't get rid of the heat at slow speeds and that killed the trans.

A beater will go the same way and a beater with a standard trans and even a creeper gear, well, the clutch will never stand the strain.

If I was him, I'd get a used day cab single axle tractor (as in tractor trailer) to tow his barge with. Even a little double breasted Yamaha (Detroit) with a 10 speed will do the job and could be had for under 10K in good, road legal condition.

Forget the tractor, get a tractor . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's a no brainer to me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How much tractor #12  
I tend to agree about the gearing. My '70 IH Scout in low gear, low range would move about .5 mph with the engine wound up pretty good. I pulled 10" diameter jackpine trees out of the sandy soil in Michigan with the thing.

/ How much tractor #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Actually, get the largest unit you can afford, will store easily and look at the ratings of the FEL and 3PH and buy accordingly.
)</font>

Yep