Loader How much water

/ How much water #21  
All I can tell you , is it will be full when you leave and empty when you arrive .

/ How much water #22  
Just to be a smart Alec ======= wouldn't it be easier to bring the cattle to the creek????

haven't you heard the old saying "you can lead a cow to water..." oh wait, nevermind.

/ How much water
It usually has 3/4 bucket left when I get there, found rubber stoppers work well for hole in side of bucket

/ How much water #24  
7.48 gallons in a cubic foot, a six foot fel is approx 6' x 2' = 13 cubic feet or 97 gallons of water with all holes plugged.

55 gal barrel is 7.35 cubic ft, and I bet you could set three 55 gal plastic drums in the fel, strap them in and spill a whole lot less. But that would weight around 1,200 lbs. Better put a forth barrel on the 3 pt hitch for ballast and move 220 gallons at a time.

Seriously I saw the guys making a plastic barrel filled with concrete, counter weight and I would like one of those, not filled with contrete for my 3pt as a toter.

/ How much water #25  
Just curious does anybody know how many gallons of water will fit in a dk 45 loader bucket

According to the Kioti loader brochure, the DK45 uses a KL401 loader with a 72" bucket. The rated capacity, is
9.18 cubic feet. That should be level struck as the heaped capacity is 15.88 cu. ft.

Tom

/ How much water #26  
If it is not a long distance from the creek to the watering site, have you considered a hydraulic ram pump. I requires no power other than water power to operate and can pump water uphill. There are a number of sites if you can google it and also they are for sale on ebay...
Just a thought and my :2cents: worth.:D
Tom

PS. I was thinking and wife says smoke coming out of my ears....:laughing:

/ How much water #27  
Well, there is just about every other attachment for a FEL, why not a "WaterBucket"? Probably needs a lid as well as a flapper valve for filling from a pond and a spigot for emptying.

/ How much water #28  
OMG, my mind is going a mile a minute! Let's see, it could hinge to the chain hooks on top and latch to the tooth bar and be made from styrafoam to float open and have a rope back to the seat so latch can be opened... and...and...the extreme model will have a hydraulic 3rd function lid actuator...and flexible rubber seals on all sides making it water tight....and the Cowman model will have a roller on the top so it can be a mobile molasses lick....and....

Well, there is just about every other attachment for a FEL, why not a "WaterBucket"? Probably needs a lid as well as a flapper valve for filling from a pond and a spigot for emptying.

/ How much water #29  
7.48 gallons in a cubic foot, a six foot fel is approx 6' x 2' = 13 cubic feet or 97 gallons of water with all holes plugged.

55 gal barrel is 7.35 cubic ft, and I bet you could set three 55 gal plastic drums in the fel, strap them in and spill a whole lot less. But that would weight around 1,200 lbs. Better put a forth barrel on the 3 pt hitch for ballast and move 220 gallons at a time.

Seriously I saw the guys making a plastic barrel filled with concrete, counter weight and I would like one of those, not filled with contrete for my 3pt as a toter.

Already suggested that method, post #6, page 1. No interest expressed so far?!:confused3:

/ How much water #30  
OMG, my mind is going a mile a minute! Let's see, it could hinge to the chain hooks on top and latch to the tooth bar and be made from styrafoam to float open and have a rope back to the seat so latch can be opened... and...and...the extreme model will have a hydraulic 3rd function lid actuator...and flexible rubber seals on all sides making it water tight....and the Cowman model will have a roller on the top so it can be a mobile molasses lick....and....

Could we get a picture when completed?