Ballast How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #11  
pemad said:
I have a B8160 Rear Ballast Box for my B7510 and it says add 350 lbs for BX series tractors and 500lbs for B series tractors. Not sure if this is the right size for the B3030. I think Kubota makes a bigger one for larger tractors like the B3030 but don't quote me on it.
No idea what the model number of mine is?? But its NO WHERE as large as the one my friend got with his 5030...not by a long shot!!

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #12  
I would be surprised if its not mentioned in your manual and also listed in the FEL manual. Usually it should have a suggested amount that might also include ballast in the tires. In my case Deere has a suggested break down that includes ballast in the tires. But the 3pt suggestion is a at least up to 900lbs alone (portland cement - a little less if not portland) and added together (ballast and/or 3pt weight )should add up to at least 1,100 lbs or more.
So for a machine that size I would be looking at least 1,100 lbs or more total that may or may not include rear tire ballast.

Again each is free to use whatever works for them - but at least refer to the manual as a guide

Duc

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #13  
ducati996 said:
So for a machine that size I would be looking at least 1,100 lbs or more total that may or may not include rear tire ballast.
Duc

It doesnt specify in the B series manual...but Im POSITIVE that Im not about to stick 1000 pounds in the BB on MY tractor. If the formula of "weight times 1.5" is correct..??..thats 1500 lbs. I dont even have the rear tires loaded because of the material I move with the FEL isnt anywhere near all that heavy ( total load weight)...and if I DID add that much weight in a BB..AND had the rear tires loaded...Id tear up the front lawn bad enough I might as well just drag my small set of disks around instead

Rear BB weight is all based on HOW MUCH weight your trying to lift and carry with the FEL.

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #14  
Sully2 said:
It doesnt specify in the B series manual...but Im POSITIVE that Im not about to stick 1000 pounds in the BB on MY tractor. If the formula of "weight times 1.5" is correct..??..thats 1500 lbs. I dont even have the rear tires loaded because of the material I move with the FEL isnt anywhere near all that heavy ( total load weight)...and if I DID add that much weight in a BB..AND had the rear tires loaded...Id tear up the front lawn bad enough I might as well just drag my small set of disks around instead

Rear BB weight is all based on HOW MUCH weight your trying to lift and carry with the FEL.

If you choose not to do it - thats ok with me :) Im pretty sure the original poster was thinking about ballast when using a loader. I also clearly pointed out that the weight given in Deeres manual can be a combined weight. Since a B3030 and the model Deere I use are pretty close in size and performance - close enough where the difference in ballast weight suggested is basically spitting hairs. I run a backhoe (850 lbs or more) on the end of my machine along with loaded tires - and havent ripped up a lawn I didnt want too yet....

Duc

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #15  
ducati996 said:
If you choose not to do it - thats ok with me :) Im pretty sure the original poster was thinking about ballast when using a loader. I also clearly pointed out that the weight given in Deeres manual can be a combined weight. Since a B3030 and the model Deere I use are pretty close in size and performance - close enough where the difference in ballast weight suggested is basically spitting hairs. I run a backhoe (850 lbs or more) on the end of my machine along with loaded tires - and havent ripped up a lawn I didnt want too yet....

Duc

Im with ya..I understand what you mean. Mine is PACKED with small gravel..and the only thing heavier is solid concrete...BUT...if I stick concrete in it..Id have a HE** of atime ever getting it BACK OUT!!..:D. All Id need is for that thing to tip over when its sitting by itself and then Im in BIG trouble.

If I were moving heavy loads of ..??...Id probably NEED to stick a few hundred more pounds back there...but IM just careful of how much of what I pick up ..and been doing A-OK so far..??

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #16  
ducati996 said:
I would be surprised if its not mentioned in your manual and also listed in the FEL manual. Usually it should have a suggested amount that might also include ballast in the tires. In my case Deere has a suggested break down that includes ballast in the tires. But the 3pt suggestion is a at least up to 900lbs alone (portland cement - a little less if not portland) and added together (ballast and/or 3pt weight )should add up to at least 1,100 lbs or more.

Again each is free to use whatever works for them - but at least refer to the manual as a guide

Duc
900 Lbs is 900 Lbs. I wonder why they differentiate between Portland cement and another type of cement.

As far as ballast on my B3030HSDC I attach my rototiller (500+ lbs.) when using the FEL and don't have a problem.

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #17  
My rears (turfs) are filled with rim guard, so i always have 300 lbs of counterweight, i then attach weight to the 3PH as needed.

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #18  
Atlas said:
900 Lbs is 900 Lbs. I wonder why they differentiate between Portland cement and another type of cement.

As far as ballast on my B3030HSDC I attach my rototiller (500+ lbs.) when using the FEL and don't have a problem.

They break down the difference of weight when filling up the ballast box with either sand or cement and what type of cement and how much approx. it weighs. They suggest a total amount of ballast that can be broken down any which way one sees fit (ballast box, wheel weights, liquid in tires, etc) as long as the suggested target ballast is met. Kubota should spell it out as clear as Deere since in principal its the same on all or most machines.

As for you only using 500 lbs - thats ok I guess. I have used just my rear filled tires (approx 400 lbs each) and loaded up my 61" bucket. It works but I dont like the feeling, so i stick with what was suggested - I know that works and the machine responds better.
I honestly dont preach safety, because I have other things I rather be doing - and personally I dont care what other folks do or dont do. Not my problem in the end...:)

Duc

/ How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #19  
   / How much weight for a ballast on a B3030HSDC #20  
lifting full bucket loads especially with the 4-in-one bucket requires ballast on the three point. It gives stability and ability to scoop up a full load in one pass even in clay soil. I also use fluid in the tires as well a box with rock sand filled with pulverized rocks. The advantage of that is you can take some out or add some. Estimate the weight on the three point to be about 2000 lbs which works very well for me.