How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #1  

jakell2010

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet 5364D
Needing weight in the front with the loader on, and need to be able to use the loader,,,,how much weight would filling the fronts with RV antifreeze?

Does RV antifreeze weigh any less than the beat juice that the dealers add ?,,,,is there a down side to the RV antifreeze?

Size 7-12 tires

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #2  
Needing weight in the front with the loader on, and need to be able to use the loader,,,,how much weight would filling the fronts with RV antifreeze?

Does RV antifreeze weigh any less than the beat juice that the dealers add ?,,,,is there a down side to the RV antifreeze?

Size 7-12 tires

Why would you need extra weight with the loader on?:confused:
As for how much weight, I am guessing but I bet 50lbs would cover it. There is a chart somewhere on the internet with the answer but I am still baffled as why you want weight on the front and not the rear with a FEL?

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #3  
I do not understand? When using the FEL most want to add weight (counter balance) to the rear of the tractor. If you are trying to add weight to the front to counter the effect of pulling something , like a plow, I would do it with something other than fluid in the front tires, suit case weights for example, Filling the front tires is not recommended!:confused:

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #4  
   / How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add
I have a 3 pt 7' hoe on the back, that's why I am looking for more weight, can't use suitcase. Weights with the loader on, I already have two of them mounted to the backside of the bucket,,,,why is it not recommended to load the fronts, water weighs 8.6 lbs/ gal, was wondering if it's worth the trouble for 4-5 gals/ tire

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #6  
Use the Front End Loader and scoop up a load of gravel or big rocks. Easier to load and unload.

Air compresses like a cushion, and I guess that's needed... all my FEL manual says is "Important: Do not add liquid ballast or any other weights to the front tires."

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #7  
I went to the Kubota site and still could not find out your FEL bucket size, could you get a barrel, 20 gal one and strap it in the FEL bucket, filled with water, Would give you about 170# of front ballast. :)

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #8  

Size 7-12 tires

Since the manual says not to do it anything that goes wrong on the front could be on your dime. Because of the size of the fronts, if you put enough liquid in to make a difference you might as well fill them with concrete. Bucket full, drop in a hole or hit a rock, could result in a very expensive Snap!

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #9  
As was said, filling the fronts is not recommended. Read page 44 of your owners manual. It is hard on the steering components.

/ How much weight would loading the fronts of B2920 add #10  
Please help me understand when you need the front ballast. Is it anytime you have the BH on or just when you are using it?
I think I would have a barrel of water or a scoop of gravel around for BH use.
Loading the fronts will not add enough weight to make much difference.