How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #61  
I only calculate value or cost of ownership on things I need but don't want. I have to justify to myself why it's the better choice than not purchasing that item.

The tractor, my trucks, etc. do not fall into that category. A new roof, root canal, commuter car, etc. do fit in that category.

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #62  
My true cost of ownership is the shear joy, work and satisfaction of jobs completed that I have accomplished with my tractor. I have done thousands of dollars worth of work with my tractor over the last 16 years that have more than paid for the tractor. Only at 700 hours now and running strong.

Tree fell over on the driveway last weekend. It is shared by 5 houses. Went out with the grapple and moved all of it. Neighbors were happy and grateful. Money cannot buy that type of satisfaction for me. I live for the tree over the driveway!!!

Like my wife says "You really love that tractor!!!". Yes, yes I do. :LOL:
I agree. How does that saying go?? Something like "give a man a fishing pole and he'll be gone for a day, give a man a tractor and you'll never see him again".

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership. #63  
I agree. How does that saying go?? Something like "give a man a fishing pole and he'll be gone for a day, give a man a tractor and you'll never see him again".
I’ve never heard it put quite that way before, yet it’s the most accurate version I’ve ever heard!

/ How much will that tractor cost, the true price of ownership.
you actually need to include the time value and inflation effects to give a true cost of ownership in today's dollars. For example, that $10K residual 10 years from now might be worth only 5K in today's dollars.
Yes, but everyone knows inflation will also bring that amount up, and the way its going, you may actually get back what you paid for it....