How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100?

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I am wondering how long it takes and what tools if any would be needed to remove the drivers side door on the RTV1100.'

The reason I am asking is that it would be ideal for my uses but when working in the actual vineyard where the vines and wires limit being able to open a door very much I would like to be able to drive to the farm and then pull the door off and do my work, when finished, put the door back on and go to the next farm or back home.

But this idea is dependent on how much work is involved.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #2  
I am wondering how long it takes and what tools if any would be needed to remove the drivers side door on the RTV1100.'

The reason I am asking is that it would be ideal for my uses but when working in the actual vineyard where the vines and wires limit being able to open a door very much I would like to be able to drive to the farm and then pull the door off and do my work, when finished, put the door back on and go to the next farm or back home.

Looks to me like you disconnect the shock and lift them off the hinge...Haven't tried it but I'm guessing a 15 minute or less operation for both.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100?
The hinges looked like a simple pin style where you can just lift the door up and off but I wasn't sure about the shock. It would be great if I could just pull one pin and lift the door off (30 second job).

I am still weighing out the options between the Ranger 800, Gator XUV and RTV 900/1100. New or used. I prefer new but it seems like these machines have a huge drop in price once they are considered "used". Lots of low hour machines at great prices. So I have a lot to think about and figure out.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #4  
The hinges looked like a simple pin style where you can just lift the door up and off but I wasn't sure about the shock. It would be great if I could just pull one pin and lift the door off (30 second job).

I am still weighing out the options between the Ranger 800, Gator XUV and RTV 900/1100. New or used. I prefer new but it seems like these machines have a huge drop in price once they are considered "used". Lots of low hour machines at great prices. So I have a lot to think about and figure out.

After re-looking at mine, I'd say the 15 minutes includes a generous beer break :D. More like 5 minutes.

Personally, I'd go new...You really never know what was done to a used one..Some people are brutal on equipment.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #5  
If you can find a good low hour machine, then it would be nice to get a little off the price tag, but with these UTVs a lot of people can really seem to do some damage. The added speed going over some nice bumps could hurt the suspension. I know I'd probably have "low" hours on my Gator and it has never really been abused. Gets used to push snow, tote people around and cleaning up the pastures. I definitely would be interested in a low hour machine if taken care of well, but these UTVs more than anything can get abused, so be careful. New is definitely the best way to go, if you can afford it.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100?
If you can find a good low hour machine, then it would be nice to get a little off the price tag, but with these UTVs a lot of people can really seem to do some damage. The added speed going over some nice bumps could hurt the suspension. I know I'd probably have "low" hours on my Gator and it has never really been abused. Gets used to push snow, tote people around and cleaning up the pastures. I definitely would be interested in a low hour machine if taken care of well, but these UTVs more than anything can get abused, so be careful. New is definitely the best way to go, if you can afford it.

I agree completely, its just like an atv. Their easily abused which is why I will look it over close. If its mostly factory, low hours and looks like its just out of the show room still then I will feel safe in buying it. But usually if there are lots of modifications, lots of scratches, dents or breaks then its a good indication to avoid it.

By low hours I am thinking under 300. I have an eye on a couple RTV 1100's but want to take a good look at them first.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #7  

At least on the lower hinge is an E clip, may be one up top also, without the clips the gas shock will lift the door of the hinges.

David Kb7uns

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #8  
At least on the lower hinge is an E clip, may be one up top also, without the clips the gas shock will lift the door of the hinges.

David Kb7uns

You're right there is an E-clip on the bottom hinge...Looks like an easy R&R on that..All I see us the bushing on the top hinge, no signs of clips there.

Do you think that shock has enough gompf to lift the door?..That glass has got to be heavy, not including the frame...I guess geometry could come into play given the closed angle of the shock...Mine barely keep the doors open on a steep up-hill situation.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #9  

David Kb7uns
Thanks for the GOOD information. There is only one E clip, and it is on the bottom hinge. Once it has been removed, the door easily lifts off.

/ How much work is it to take off the door on the RTV1100? #10  
Old thread, but since it was resurrected, I’ll add my story.....

Have a skidsteer with a plexiglass type door window. Developed tiny spider cracks in the inside - would be fine until lights or sunlight hit it and then couldn’t really see (looked like the window was really foggy). Decided to take the door off to take it to have real glass put in.

Messed around unbolting both the hinges only to realize that the door just lifted off once you unhooked the wiper wire and pneumatic closer. Owned it for ten years snd never knew that....,