How not to cut down a tree

/ How not to cut down a tree #21  
We had a very large tree taken down in our very small backyard. Difficult location. Guy came with a huge crane, parked it in the driveway 50 feet away from the tree. His climber scampered up and hitched the crane strap near the top. Crane guy put tension on the cable. Then the climber sawed off the stem right at ground level. Tree never fell. It went up. Swung right over the garage and into the driveway. Chipper grapple picked it up while the crane line held it and fed it right into the chipper. Groundies swept up all the spilled debris which was about all the work they did. No muss no fuss. That tree, a couple of smaller ones, and some pruning altogether cost us $1,000 and took only two or three hours. Well worth it.

Yes I know this can be done, I was called to take down and rebuild a Deck for a customer back last summer, it was mid summer in 98* 100* temp although their were always nice breeze and many shade trees surounding the back yard close by the house, after 3 days working on the Deck project, the home owners tells me their are some people coming to remove 9 of the large pines and hoped I didn't mine? well I had to tell him that I would not be there the day they are for the fear of them accidentally dropping a tree on me:(
So I give them that day to do their thing with removing the tree's and thought perhaps the home owner would be calling me to say not to bother finishing that the tree guys finished off his house,:D I arrived the next day and all 9 of the tree's were gone, no sign of even a stump they had ground everything into mulch and made a nice area for the children to play, the sodded lawn had not even been disturbed, so I asked how the heck they get the trees down? the answer was with a crane reaching over the house and lifting them back onto a logging truck parked out front;) It would have been worth showing up that day to just have watched :D Bad thing was I had to work 4 more days in the hot sun from them taking down my shade :drool::cool:
BTW. this was the same guy give me 500 cost to only cut and lay down the tree, I can only imagine how much he charged the home owner to remove the nine using the expensive equipment,