How not to set a well casing.

/ How not to set a well casing.
Did rhe well maintain that flow for very long?

It slowed down after an hour or so, but it maintained a steady volume all day. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to get the packer back in without taking a monumnental bath. 8" casing flows a lot of water. lol.

Last edited:
   / How not to set a well casing. #22  
I've never seen an artesian well with that much volume. Was there a pump involved that I didn't notice?
I didn't see any evidence of a pump although the video was somewhat Hazy. It appears to be that the casing is smaller in diameter than the average well drilled in the States. Perhaps this had some affect and the possibility that the drillers went through to another Aquafier all of a sudden.

/ How not to set a well casing. #23  
It slowed down after an hour or so, but it maintained a steady volume all day. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to get the packer back in without taking a monumnental bath. 8" casing flows a lot of water. lol.

Well, (no pun intended) don't keep us hanging! How did you do it?

/ How not to set a well casing.
Well it's not bouyant, so you just heave it up and drop it back in and when it sinks to the depth you want you apply air pressure to the bladder until it stops the flow. The problem initially was that there was soo much flow that I couldn't get near it without getting soaked. When you're not expecting that, you kind off have an O Sheet moment.

/ How not to set a well casing. #25  
I was logging one this fall and the driller forgot to write artesian in his log.... 400 gal / min... lol. Anyways, I took the pressure off the packer ( bladder ) turned my back for a second and the thing launched out of the casing like a bottle rocket. That was not so funny.

Only because we don't have a video of it! :D