How (not) to transport a tractor

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #21  
Looks to be some sorta implement on the behind the tractor too. So, the weight distribution is probably not as bad as it looks. However, given how he/she has the strectched across the metal rather than hooked to solid tie down points, these straps will fail due to wear from abrasion rather than wieght rating being exceeded.

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #22  
By the look of what's on the roof of the car, I'd say he is not going to a customers residence for a lawn care contract, but rather to the scrape yard. That mower has mowed it's last lawn.

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #23  
The string is probably there to hold the hood on, but maybe they got the strap idea out of the Northern Tool catalog.
Stupid Straps.jpg

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #24  
Seen on Craigslist.

View attachment 312751

Satoh S650 weighs between 2100 and 3600 lbs according to Tractordata.com. I suppose it's not totally impossible that the trailer is under the axle's rated weight, but I sure would be concerned about the tongue weight on the trailer, given how much of the tractor is front of the axle. The straps holding it down? No dang way they're up to snuff. And I have no idea what the rope is for.

In the fire service we call that set up job security.:)

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #25  
I think all of you are looking at this too hard!

It is very simple- the whole setup is a one-way rig. Hook up, drive real slow and stay off Interstate, pick up any beer cans and metal road junk on the way to the Scrap Yard, drag across the scale and collect your money!

Money making deal all the way!! :drink:

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #26  
schucks... loks fine. hope the tow vehicle is some compact short wheel base car with a strap on style class 1 hitch too. :(

see this kinda unsafe junk going downt he road all the time. boat trailers with a deck of plywood and a huge load.. toung flexing and bounching all over the place.. front end of a diminuitive tow vehicle with headlamps aimed at the sky etc... :(

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #27  
Yeah, no problem...that clothesline should hold that tractor down just fine and especially at higher speeds. Might need to snug it up a little if it gets wet but it'll be just fine. :D

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #28  
I like it tongue heavy, would be very nervous if tail heavy because I dont trust the actual ball hitch to stay on with heavy tail, but I know the truck can easily take 1000-2000# on a reese hitch.

If you ever get any trailer to highway speed with light or no tongue weight, you will discover what it's like to have a fishtail, and to continue the animal analogy, the tail will wag the dog.