How old is the hydraulic fluid

/ How old is the hydraulic fluid #11  
So that's what I can use that old bacon grease for.

/ How old is the hydraulic fluid #12  
Hold on there! I wouldn't use Bacon grease as it turns to a solid as it cools. Your chain oiler may quit as a result and you could loose a chain and bar in the process. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If you are looking for a way to dispose of it my wife takes the old bacon grease and mixes it with birdseed. Once it solidifies she then puts it out for the birds and they love it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How old is the hydraulic fluid #13  
<font color="blue"> Once it solidifies she then puts it out for the birds and they love it. </font>
So do dogs! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My wife was looking out a window watching the birds eat, a calming and enjoyable activity during the winter months. When, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a large black object. She turned her head to see our lab walking into our front yard. Not all that unusual, until the lab stopped at the Cafe' Suet and started munching!

/ How old is the hydraulic fluid #14  
Mike I built several contraptions for my better half using old miners pans suspended by small chain. She puts the suet in the pans so the varmints can't get to it. Don't know if squirrels are attracted to it or not but the birds all seem to love it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How old is the hydraulic fluid #15  
So....back to the hydraulic fluid....I agree with Soundguy, if the filters look old , it should be changed. It probably has an internal pickup screen like the Yanmars. I would be sure and clean that too.