How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Some that have never operated a tractor with a Hydrostatic transmission may not know how slow you can go on a tractor with this setup.
Below is a short video illustrating my point.

Kioti hydrostatic transmission speed test - YouTube

So what? what good is that you say? Well it can really come in handy when you are backing up to hook up a 3 point implement, and also when you are setting a rock on a rock wall, or when repairing and leveling the surface of some dirt, or any number of other reasons when you want precise control of the motion of the tractor. This is one of the reasons I feel that a Hydro transmission is the correct choice for the majority of users when they don't know which transmission to choose.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #2  
This is one of the reasons I feel that a Hydro transmission is the correct choice for the majority of users when they don't know which transmission to choose.

Is hydro better than a manual transmission? Like the astronaut answered when asked "What if you have to go to the bathroom when on a space walk?" - "Depends!" :rolleyes:

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video)
Is hydro better than a manual transmission? Like the astronaut answered when asked "What if you have to go to the bathroom when on a space walk?" - "Depends!" :rolleyes:

It "depends" on what you are trying to do with it, and how much skill you have. My point is, if you have limited skill, and don't know what you want, you need a hydro.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #4  
How did you get your Tractor to stay sidewards?

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #6  
Yep, depends and sometimes even if you have more than limited skill. I spend yesterday bush hogging in some tight areas with my M8540HDC and at the end of the day was worn down to the bone; man I wish my L5740HSTC had been there.

Yep, depends and sometimes even if you have more than limited skill. I spend yesterday bush hogging in some tight areas with my M8540HDC and at the end of the day was worn down to the bone; man I wish my L5740HSTC had been there.

Absolutely. I have many years of working the throttle/clutch, and I still appreciate the hydro for all the jobs I do. Just like I had many years and learned on a 2 stick FEL and I would not want to go back after using a single stick.

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #8  
Good video James. Gives a good demonstration of what the term "infinite speed" means regarding the Hydro.

Good video James. Gives a good demonstration of what the term "infinite speed" means regarding the Hydro.

Thanks. I think a lot of guys don't believe me when I say a good energetic inchworm can move faster!:D

/ How slow can you go with a Hydro? (with video) #10  
Thanks. I think a lot of guys don't believe me when I say a good energetic inchworm can move faster!:D

Did you make that vid?