How Steep?

/ How Steep? #21  
My step dad in West Virginia had a MF 253, 4wd and used to brush hog a slope easily 30 degrees, if not a bit more in places. Total area was probably 5 acres. Because he was a stubborn ol' cuss, that's why. We used to try to talk him out of doing it but it was the hill he looked at out the back window and he wanted it the way he wanted it.

The 253 was plenty heavy and had a front end loader. He'd fill the bucket with dirt and rock and keep it real low to the ground. He'd only go straight up and down with the bucket uphill all the time. It wouldn't go real fast but he never had a problem.

In perspective, he worked as a natural gas pipeline welder for 50 years and never saw terrain as work stopper. He died back in 05 and the hill has never looked as good since.

/ How Steep? #22  
My step dad in West Virginia had a MF 253, 4wd and used to brush hog a slope easily 30 degrees, if not a bit more in places. Total area was probably 5 acres. Because he was a stubborn ol' cuss, that's why. We used to try to talk him out of doing it but it was the hill he looked at out the back window and he wanted it the way he wanted it.

The 253 was plenty heavy and had a front end loader. He'd fill the bucket with dirt and rock and keep it real low to the ground. He'd only go straight up and down with the bucket uphill all the time. It wouldn't go real fast but he never had a problem.

In perspective, he worked as a natural gas pipeline welder for 50 years and never saw terrain as work stopper. He died back in 05 and the hill has never looked as good since.
I saw a man, just yesterday, bushogging the same type of slope with a "batwing". Was crapping my pants just watching, as I drove by:)