How tight for drain plugs?

/ How tight for drain plugs? #12  
Okay. But, that's why I said almost.

I was just messing with you. I get what you're trying to say.

I do use the engine oil though.

I have found it better in some of the older stuff that had a habit of burning oil, they burn & smoke less with it. That and it's a pretty good deal by the drum.

/ How tight for drain plugs? #13  
I was just messing with you. I get what you're trying to say.

I do use the engine oil though.

I have found it better in some of the older stuff that had a habit of burning oil, they burn & smoke less with it. That and it's a pretty good deal by the drum.

I am sure their oil is fine. Apparently all mineral oils today are pretty good.

Unlike Permatran which appears to be a unique product, with all that's out there, I can't imagine MF has spec'd their own engine oil. Is MF engine oil is one of the popular brands relabeled?? :confused3:

Most people seem to really trust Rotella in diesel engines. My guess is they win the popularity contest 2-1, over all the others combined. I am not sure that is ever going to change, unless perhaps all oil goes synthetic?

/ How tight for drain plugs? #14  
In regards to removing oil filters, I have a 3 jawed wrench I love. As you twist the ratchet, it :thumbsup:draws the 3 jaws into the filter and grips very well. I also use a basic filter plier (HF).

Attachments

• Worlds Best Oil Filter Wrench.jpg
    Worlds Best Oil Filter Wrench.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 46
  • oil filter wrench.jpg
    oil filter wrench.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 39
   / How tight for drain plugs? #15  
To digress just a bit, speaking of "nickel & diming".... just read the other day that Greyhound is now charging an extra fee if you purchase a ticket that's going to be given to someone else, a "gift fee"! Amounted to $12 or so on an $80 ticket IIRC.....

Guess Greyhound felt left out after seeing what airlines are doing! :mad:

/ How tight for drain plugs? #16  
That fee may be for a security check too.
Maybe it is just passing on the cost of doing business, but not wanting to raise the prices on everyone.