How to align an 18" pin for the plow blade

/ How to align an 18" pin for the plow blade #1  

chrisott

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Well it seems I forget what's under the snow and hit a few things with my 60inch hydraulic plow blade (BX2763A) plowing over to the wood pile. I have a replacement blade pin, but how do I align the hole in the pin with the hole in the plow blade so I can put a bolt in it? I remember the pin slid right into the blade and hitch when new and I could turn the pin with a screwdriver to then slip the bolt through, but I think everything is banged up a bit after 4 winters. I had to tap the pin in and now I can't align the holes to drop the bolt through. I would really appreciate some suggestions from the forum folk.

Thanks.

Chris

/ How to align an 18" pin for the plow blade #2  
Well it seems I forget what's under the snow and hit a few things with my 60inch hydraulic plow blade (BX2763A) plowing over to the wood pile. I have a replacement blade pin, but how do I align the hole in the pin with the hole in the plow blade so I can put a bolt in it? I remember the pin slid right into the blade and hitch when new and I could turn the pin with a screwdriver to then slip the bolt through, but I think everything is banged up a bit after 4 winters. I had to tap the pin in and now I can't align the holes to drop the bolt through. I would really appreciate some suggestions from the forum folk.

Thanks.

Chris

What machine is this on?...not familiar with the attacment model numbers.

What happened to the original pin? If it's similar to the one I had that's like an inch thick.

/ How to align an 18" pin for the plow blade #3  
Make one!
Get a same diameter rod or bolt (with head cut off) and taper grind it to a bullet shape.
Drive the 'bullet' in with firm taps or blows and once in place tap your bolt in all while it pushes out your 'bullet'.
(Then put the bullet in your tractor tool box for next time LOL)

/ How to align an 18" pin for the plow blade
timswi,
I did not tell the whole story, I guess. The original bolt (1/4 inch) must have fallen out and the pin worked its way loose such that when I hit something under the snow (a stump I think) the pin bent. It is 3/4 inch thick. The plow is a Kubota hydraulic plow sitting on the Kubota quick hitch and subframe which is on a Kubota BX24.

Piloon,

That's a good tip. I was trying to do that with a screwdriver, but it is not tapered and has too big a head for the working room. I'll try this tonight before the next snow storm. (tomorrow)

Piloon,

On my way to make the bullet I notiiced an old nail punch in a drawer with files. This did the trick. I tapped and aligned from the bottom and put the bolt in through the top.

Thanks.