How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd?

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Just purchased a B2650 with the pin style stabilizers and the extensions on the ends of the lower links.

I am used to using the threaded stabilizer and the basic lower link design.

Hoping I could get up to speed with how to use the extensions and the
pin style stabilizers. Thanks in advance.

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #2  
I believe you will like them. Nothing tricky. What I do hooking up is to lower the link arms and extend the extensions. Pull out the stabilizer pins inserting the clips in the pin holes (if you have clips and holes thru the pins-some don't) so you won't loose the clips. Then depending on the pin/clevis arrangement on the Implement either hold the lower links where you want them by inserting the stabilizer pins upside down in the stabilizer bar or let the pins hang on the little chains so the link arms swing free. Back to the implement and hook up adjusting the link ends as required. When all hooked up I raise the implement a little and use a bar under the implement to lever the link arm extensions locked closed. Do a final left right adjustment with the telescoping stabilizers and pin them properly with the clips.

Clear as mud ??? You will get your own method. Long as you make sure the extensions are locked and stabilizers pinned you will be good to go.

gg

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #3  
I do it just the opposite.

With the arms pinned at approximately the right width, I backed up to the impliment adjusting the 3pt height to match the pin height of the attachment. Stop just as the 3pt links touch the pins. Dismount and remove the telescoping pins, swimg the arm outward and extend the arm, swing inward capturing the pin, reinstall the telescoping pin. After everything is attached I remount the tractor and raise the 3pt, this usually relatches the extendable arm. If not, lower the attachment to the ground and gently backup until they latch.

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #4  
Hmmm...I never do things the easy way Richard :laughing:

I do the same thing to lock them but some times, depending a lot on the top link geometry and the implement, a bar to lever them latched seems much easier. I always have one with me anyway to scooch the implement around a little.

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #5  
I lift the implement and then insert the stabilizer's pins. That way I can get the slack out of the stabilizers, and get the implement aligned with the tire edge if appropriate. But this should only be done on level ground. If the tractor is on a slde slope the implement will clang against the stop as it swings to the low side.

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd?
Thanks for all of the advise.

Another question...Is there a better way to use the top link, nut closer to the machine or closer to the attachment?

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #7  
Good question John.

I always put the nut end toward the tractor. I have no idea why. But it's a habit now. :)

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #8  
My understanding of it is:
The nut-end is towards the tractor since the days of Harry Ferguson and the invention of the 3PH.
When ploughing, the operator could turn and unlock the Top Link, adjust as necessary and re-tighten the lock-nut without needing to get down off his seat onto the muddy ground.
If the nut is at the implement end he couldn't physically reach to unlock.
Of course seats were the low-back metal pans and easier to turn around in, with no ROPS etc.
:2cents:

:wrench:

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd? #9  
You were doing soooo good until you talked about ploughing on muddy ground.....:D

/ How to attach the 3ph lowr linkd?
If my memory serves me correctly, dosen't JD use pins with an embeded spring loaded ball bearing instead of having to use clips?

Wonder if the JD pins would fit the Kubota adjusters-quick and easy??

I believe you will like them. Nothing tricky. What I do hooking up is to lower the link arms and extend the extensions. Pull out the stabilizer pins inserting the clips in the pin holes (if you have clips and holes thru the pins-some don't) so you won't loose the clips. Then depending on the pin/clevis arrangement on the Implement either hold the lower links where you want them by inserting the stabilizer pins upside down in the stabilizer bar or let the pins hang on the little chains so the link arms swing free. Back to the implement and hook up adjusting the link ends as required. When all hooked up I raise the implement a little and use a bar under the implement to lever the link arm extensions locked closed. Do a final left right adjustment with the telescoping stabilizers and pin them properly with the clips.

Clear as mud ??? You will get your own method. Long as you make sure the extensions are locked and stabilizers pinned you will be good to go.

gg