How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G #1  

garry

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 1050
Can any one tell me how to check the oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G engine. Specifically what I am trying to learn is should I screw thee dipstick down tight or just rest the dipstick on the first thread.
Thanks.

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G #2  
Manual doesn't designate. I have a B48G, the same engine minus electronic ignition. I screw mine in to check it.

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G #3  
Any oil level gauge that I've ever come across that had a thread also had a requirement to fully seat before checking.

If this was not the case, someone might unscrew the oil level gauge and mistakenly think the oil level was okay when in fact it was low.

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G #4  
I've owned small engines that specified both threaded in fully, and seat the stick without threading in.
Probably best to drain and fill with the specified amount of oil and see what's on the stick.

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G
My John Deere Indicates you should not screw the dipstick down when checking oil level. That's why I ask. Thank you for your input.

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G #6  
My big cast iron Kohler on my engine drive welder is the same way. I rest the cap on top of the threaded hole to check the oil. In reality it should not make a whole lot of difference as the cap only threads in about 1/2".

/ How to check oil on Steiner 430 max with Onan P220G #7  
I seat the dipstick fully on my Steiner 420 w Onan engine. The oil level area on these is huge though. So even if it's out it won't make much of a difference anyway.