How to clean deisel injectors?

/ How to clean deisel injectors? #1  

OrangeB2400

I have a late 90's Kubota b2400 that is hard starting. I believe the injectors need cleaned. How can I clean them myself?

/ How to clean deisel injectors? #2  
1.) Use cleaning fuel treatment first.
2.) If the starting issue doesn't improve check compression before you pull injectors.
3.) If you pull injectors out take them to diesel shop for service. If you disassemble them do not mix internals. Make sure you put them together from the same parts. The parts are matched.

/ How to clean deisel injectors? #3  
You could try putting some diesel inj cleaner in fuel and operating engine for a few hrs. Are glow plugs functioning properly? I think injectors must be disassembled to manually clean them.

/ How to clean deisel injectors? #6  
I wouldn't recommend even trying to disassemble yourself. Tolerances are super-precise. My dad liked to tell a story about a shop teacher or mechanic he knew that demonstrated this to the students by taking one apart, cleaning the fuel off and then TOUCHING the internal piston/plunger with bare fingers. The slight moisture/corrosion caused by his fingerprints prevented the plunger from going back into its bore.

- Jay

/ How to clean deisel injectors?
I'm wondering if my valves are out of adjustment. When I crank it over I get black smoke but it just doesn't want to kick over. Glow plugs are all working. I need to crank and crank until it starts to act like it wants to start then after a couple more try's it fires up.

I'm not sure how to check the valve adjustment. Need to see if I can dig up info. It's a 3 cylinder so shouldn't be too difficult.

/ How to clean deisel injectors? #9  
Is there a decompress er on this model? If so check and make sure it is not stuck open just a bit,this could cause
hard starting.

/ How to clean deisel injectors? #10  
Have the nozzles need to be rebuilt, spray pattern goes bad and then they get hard to start, been down same road.