How to convince the wife to let me get one

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one #61  
Pallets again ! :shocked:

I see 70,000 Views coming up quick !

Rgds, D.

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one
So just an update!
With a lot of listing ways of why and how we need the tractor, including a power point presentation ... she agreed to letting me go out and get one!
Initially it was not a good site!
But
I did not bring up that the cost does not appreciate as fast as other vehicles and equipment but its a good point!

Also ray Folwer is right I don't need the BH if I can just rent it. Most of the work we would need is the FEL and 3pt.

Also this is perfect info! lol
I have found the most effective way to pave the way for a new purchase is to:

1. Launch into a month of two of compulsive searches of want-ads. Wild goose chases soften wives up quite effectively.

2. At "random" intervals mention how current equipment is hazardous and how, for example, a ROPS and seatbelt might very well extend our time on the farm. It does your cause no harm if wife's co-worker has had a husband badly chewed up by a poorly-equipped tractor.

3. Make it clear over time that a used machine with similar features costs half the price of a new one.

4. Build flower beds and stone walls where a loader would really help.

5. Cut trees with her there to watch for safety. She'll approve a logging winch very quickly, then operate it for you.

6. Work up the garden and plant it, whether she wants a garden or not. For some reason this tactic is very good for boat purchases.

7. For woodworking tools, plan the project in detail with her. Even install the widget, if necessary. Look at it compulsively for several days, then pronounce that that piece of trim is wrong for that project. She'll agree, and allow the purchase of a 200 dollar shaper cutter to make 8' of trim. Honest.

Unfortunately, now i'm back in my indecisiveness on which one ... again... but it will likely be a kubota (I'm going to test a few out first).

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one #63  
Congratulations! How many weeks are you going to have to spend on the couch for this though?

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one #64  
So just an update!
With a lot of listing ways of why and how we need the tractor, including a power point presentation ... she agreed to letting me go out and get one!
Initially it was not a good site!
But
I did not bring up that the cost does not appreciate as fast as other vehicles and equipment but its a good point!

Also ray Folwer is right I don't need the BH if I can just rent it. Most of the work we would need is the FEL and 3pt.

Also this is perfect info! lol

Unfortunately, now i'm back in my indecisiveness on which one ... again... but it will likely be a kubota (I'm going to test a few out first).

Whew, as you see we were worried about you. ;)

Strike while the iron is hot.

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one #65  
Whew, as you see we were worried about you. ;)

Strike while the iron is hot.

Yep, if you don't buy a tractor soon, it will look like you don't know what you are doing. There's plenty of time for that later. :laughing:

HA!
You all are right... can't screw up this opportunity... let me see what I can do!

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one #68  
HA!
You all are right... can't screw up this opportunity... let me see what I can do!

Did you get authority for a certain model, certain HP, certain price or what?

If your still "fixed" on the B2650 you should definitely call Barlows.

Did you get authority for a certain model, certain HP, certain price or what?

If your still "fixed" on the B2650 you should definitely call Barlows.

So I have a kubota dealer about 5-6 miles down the street.
Do you think it would be worth it to ship a unit in even from Barlows (that's KY right?) or Frederick?

/ How to convince the wife to let me get one #70  
So I have a kubota dealer about 5-6 miles down the street.
Do you think it would be worth it to ship a unit in even from Barlows (that's KY right?) or Frederick?

The only way to know for sure is to ask. All you are out is a little time.