How to figure how many tons of gravel?

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #11  
I have seen a semi trailer dump truck laying over on it's side. I understand their reticence to dump while moving.

Around here, they haul about 18t on a tri axle dump truck (not a semi trailer type).

Ken

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #12  
Around here in W. Ky, dense grade aggregate, which is the typical white rock used on driveways, weighs 3,000 to 3,500 lbs per ton, again depending on the amount of moisture, but usually when fairly dry.

So is a Kentucky ton similar to a bakers dozen? Around here a ton is 2000 lbs regardless of volume! :)

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #13  
So is a Kentucky ton similar to a bakers dozen? Around here a ton is 2000 lbs regardless of volume! :)

Ha, good catch. :laughing: I walked right past that and never saw it. :)

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #14  
I just was Quoted a price of $675.00 a load for about 15 yards...dirt was $145.00...here.

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #15  
black dirt, sand, fill dirt, for most part about all the same exception a few bucks more or less for one of them. though black dirt tends to be more expensive than sand and fill dirt say 90 to 180 bucks per 15 tons

white rock for driveways, about 350 per load, though that was before the gas spike in prices. it seems half the bill for me is gas alone.

further you live away from a good rock quary the higher your driveway rock will be. those large dump trucks, take plenty of fuel to run.

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #16  
I just was Quoted a price of $675.00 a load for about 15 yards...dirt was $145.00...here.

Wow I had a tandem load (15 tons) of driveway rock dropped 3 weeks ago for $250-$270 ballpark. I think it was about that price back in November when I built my driveway.

/ How to figure how many tons of gravel? #17  
Wow I had a tandem load (15 tons) of driveway rock dropped 3 weeks ago for $250-$270 ballpark. I think it was about that price back in November when I built my driveway.

Just paid $270 myself for same.