How to get a tractor unstuck

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #1  

aavtinfo

Tractor
Kabota L3240
Does this work?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRRGW6z3UQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Fordson tractor stuck in the mud - YouTube[/ame]

My Kubota L3240 is sunk in the mud up to the axels. I read somewhere that an improvement to this method would be to notch the wood where the chain rests, to keep it in place. Any other suggestions. I plan on going backwards for safety.

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #3  
Does this work?

Fordson tractor stuck in the mud - YouTube

My Kubota L3240 is sunk in the mud up to the axels. I read somewhere that an improvement to this method would be to notch the wood where the chain rests, to keep it in place. Any other suggestions. I plan on going backwards for safety.

looks like it could get squirrely fast

Especially if you are sunk up to the axles

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #4  
I have never used this method, but have heard it works.

You would be best served to place a beam/log on both sides to reduce the stress on either side.

Make sure you don't use anything too strong because you want the weak link to be the beam/log, not your axle.

Good luck either way and let us now how it works out.

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #5  
Seems to work,would be my last resort tho.

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #7  
I'd prefer to winch it out, if you have anything nearby to tie onto and a friend with a winch (or heavy duty block & tackle) & a snatch block. If you hitch to the drawbar it should be pretty stable. That log trick looks dicey. The L3240 is a somewhat tippy tractor and if you get one of those logs a little too long, or it starts to slide out on one end, I can see the whole thing tipping over in a wallow.

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #8  
Have a look at the video at about 50s, you'll see his got the front of the tractor tied down to prevent a roll over. Great idea as a last resort.

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #9  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Owning/Operating Forum.

/ How to get a tractor unstuck #10  
Welcome to TBN!!

I've never done it (I stay out of the mud), but various forms of that method have been posted on TBN for years.
Apparently, it does work (as it did in that video)...maybe not the safest method, or the easiest on the tractor...