How to keep the birds out of your barn???

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn??? #31  
I used to hang CDs on our boat. I has a horizontal rope (1/4") with the CDs
hanging from about 10" of vertical twine. I had to drill a hole in each CD
and put a rubber grommet (or use electrical wire instead of twine) because
the CDs chafe through the twine. They are reflective, and move in the wind.

They worked really well at keeping birds off of the boat.

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn??? #32  
I found that individual gourds work best for purple martins.

When I lived in Alabama, we visited this guy's purple martin ranch/sanctuary/farm/metropolis
Request Rejected

He gave us a lot of pointers, and we sat on his deck and watched the purple martins play.

(Let me know if the link doesn't work)

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn??? #33  
I 2nd the people who mentioned cats. Farm cats do a GREAT job of kicking out undesirables - even other cats.

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn??? #34  
Yes. ... Unfortunately cats arent effective when u have a metal building. :confused3:

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn??? #35  
I found that individual gourds work best for purple martins.

When I lived in Alabama, we visited this guy's purple martin ranch/sanctuary/farm/metropolis
Request Rejected

He gave us a lot of pointers, and we sat on his deck and watched the purple martins play.

(Let me know if the link doesn't work)

Yep, I use plastic hanging gourd shaped nests for Purple Martins. Most birds won't use a swinging nest. Purple Martins love em and they don't have to compete with Sparrows.

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn??? #36  
staple chicken wire to the rafters

/ How to keep the birds out of your barn???
Thanks for all the ideas. Some won't work due to the size. The barn is 82'x100' and 18'ft high. It is just an open pole barn. Getting to the rafters is going to be a pain. Didn't want to be putting things up there and taking the back down. That is why I was asking for what had worked for others. It is in the back of a field and cats don't seem to want to stay. The birds don't just sit in one spot. They seem to fly under and just pick random spot to sit. I have tried moving my things around. Eventually one sits above it. I have too many things under it to cover them all with tarps. And I can't seal it up. I will let you know what I find that works. I think I will start with the sonic repeller. All your input is much appreciated.