How to keep tractors battery from being stolen?

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #31  
As far as the OP problem of some one stealing his battery.
Hard to say what the best way would be other then a 3S solution.
I'm a long way from the "so called fly over country" but untill the last couple of years I never bothered getting the keys out of my trucks, the tractors still have them in them, I don't even know what key fits the house doors. I do try to remember to close the garage door when I'm not home.

Used to be that way around here, and for many it may still be; however the effects of drug addiction and abuse have really taken it's toll on Maine.

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #32  
I locked my house and truck key in my house last Wednesday morning. My wife had already left for the rare in-office work day.

Without going into great detail, I was in the house through a locked window and storm window 6' off the ground, relocked it, grabbed my keys and out the back door in about 45 seconds with no visible damage to the window. My cat just sat there and watched me. :rolleyes:

Really, nothing is safe from a determined/experienced person.

Interesting video that should put to rest any thoughts of security. Locks are just a deterrent at best.

Lol. My wife left the house (in town, in a neighborhood) and locked the doors with me outside, buck nekkid, in the hot tub. I had to brake into a 5' high window while standing on a pool chemical bucket. I chose to throw the towel over the brick window entrance (you can guess why) and crawl through in the buff. To my knowledge the video has not shown up on Ridiculousness or social media. I had to replace the screen and apologize for yelling at the wife, who, if you can believe it, thought it was funny.

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #33  
Lol. My wife left the house (in town, in a neighborhood) and locked the doors with me outside, buck nekkid, in the hot tub. I had to brake into a 5' high window while standing on a pool chemical bucket. I chose to throw the towel over the brick window entrance (you can guess why) and crawl through in the buff. To my knowledge the video has not shown up on Ridiculousness or social media. I had to replace the screen and apologize for yelling at the wife, who, if you can believe it, thought it was funny.
:ROFLMAO: (y) (y)

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #34  
Lol. My wife left the house (in town, in a neighborhood) and locked the doors with me outside, buck nekkid, in the hot tub.
Need a hidden door key outside.

Bruce

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #35  

Just make sure you do not make a same mistake when she is in a hot tub!

If you did, you would be a dead man I think.

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #36  
35 years of farming and leaving equipment in the field, never gave a second thought to that. You must live in as high crime area. I live in flyover country where God is king.
Seen it happen in a remote area. Big farm and they parked all the tractors in the yard by the vacant farm house. Kids came and got a tractor started. Drove it through the middle of a good house. Left the mess for someone else to clean up.

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #37  
Never had that happen to me or heard of that happening around here. I do have master disconnect switches on my M9's that totally isolate the electrical systems and they are discretely located.

Probably could not do that with a late model computer controlled tractor as the ECM has to have a maintenance voltage constantly or it looses it's mind...lol

I believe threshold voltage is around 9 volts or it
is on a big truck, I'm familiar with them. On a big truck (and I presume an ECM controlled car), you have a set time before the capacitor or battery in the ECM looses it's charge and the ECM's get stupid.

Big trucks or at least with DDEC engines, it's 12 hours.

Mine are 100% mechanical so it's no issue. Just another reason why I would never own one.

/ How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #38  
   / How to keep tractors battery from being stolen? #40  
Never had that happen to me or heard of that happening around here. I do have master disconnect switches on my M9's that totally isolate the electrical systems and they are discretely located.

Probably could not do that with a late model computer controlled tractor as the ECM has to have a maintenance voltage constantly or it looses it's mind...lol

I believe threshold voltage is around 9 volts or it
is on a big truck, I'm familiar with them. On a big truck (and I presume an ECM controlled car), you have a set time before the capacitor or battery in the ECM looses it's charge and the ECM's get stupid.
Hmmm, I don't think I've had that issue with any vehicles I've owned. At times I'll disconnect a battery or use a battery cutoff. It usually knocks out the radio programming, but not many other ill effects. I don't bother with vehicle clocks. Perhaps other defaults get lost.

It would be easy enough for car or tractor manufacturers to put in non-volatile memory (flash drives) to save most settings if that is a major issue, and then put in a little button battery to keep the clock alive.