How to Lift the Snowblower ?

/ How to Lift the Snowblower ? #1  

TimP

Platinum Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC
Hi All.

I have a B3000 with a front mount B2782B snowblower.

It is currently dismounted but I want yto pick it up to place it on a pallet rather than direct ground placement for the Summer.

Of course, the mounting "sled" is also removed, otherwise I could just place the tongue into the blower and move it.

I want to avoid having to mount and dismount everything, and was hoping to lift the blower up with a chain/straps and the lifting hooks on my FEL.

There is, what appears to be, a single lifting ring on top of the blower right next to the discharge chute. The manual doesn't make mention if it is truly a lifting point or not, but I can't imagine what else it may be.

I don't want to risk doing any damage to the blower or the tractor.

Does anyone have any experience with moving their snowblower around using some attachment point on top of their blower?

Thanks for any assistance !

/ How to Lift the Snowblower ? #2  
That loop is for lifting it but I would put a couple more straps around it to lift it more evenly, it will keep it from swinging..

/ How to Lift the Snowblower ?
That loop is for lifting it but I would put a couple more straps around it to lift it more evenly, it will keep it from swinging..

Hi atsah.

Thanks for the info. Now I have to figure out how to get some additional straps under it while it's sitting on the ground.

Maybe between me and my son, we can lift one end at a time to slide straps under it.

As you mentioned, I am concerned about how it will swing, especially with only one lifting point.

It sure would have been nice if they put TWO lifting eyes on it.

Thanks again.

/ How to Lift the Snowblower ? #4  
Lift it a couple inches off the ground with the lift ring, put your straps on, let it down and rehook everything..

Thanks atsah.

I'll give it a try !

/ How to Lift the Snowblower ? #6  
That loop is for lifting the blower.

You do not need to do more than hook on to it.
You will find the blower pretty well balanced at the point where the manufacturer installed the loop.

This blower weighs 1,400 # and is lifted with the loop.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• forum blower ring.jpg
    forum blower ring.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 113
Thanks Dave.

I am going to lift it up a little using the eye and also use a couple of straps just to make sure it doesn't swing around and do any damage.

/ How to Lift the Snowblower ? #8  
I use a single chain from the center of my bucket to the lift eye to move my blower. I keep my movements slow and steady (don't get rammy with it) and all goes well.

All the comments make me feel less fearful to lift it up.

Thanks everyone.