How to locate underground water leak?

/ How to locate underground water leak? #11  
<font color="blue"> I now know the solution....

Call a plumber !!

[snip]

Oh well, I work here at home and I can earn more per hour on my job than I pay him so the numbers say to cal lhim !!
</font>

Wow! Things are either different "down under" or you must be on the high side of wealthy!

Make more per hour than a plumber /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You have attained one of the life goal that I didn't know I had until reading your post /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Good luck and let us know how it turns out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How to locate underground water leak?
So plumbers are at the high end of the food chain over there hey??

Yes I am afraid I do earn more than a plumber and I have the priveledge of working in aircon and not in turds and mud !!!

I haven't got the bill yet but expect it will be around $300 and I didn't do any work while he was here either !!

Dug and played for a while until we both realised it was time to call for an excavator.

My power, phone and water all run together and there was NO SAND in the trench at all.

Water pipe had burst on a rock.

I have about 300 feet of that pipe to the house so I reckon this won't be the first time I have to do that.

next time I think I will relay the pipe in a new trench with sand and leave the phone & power to take care of themselves.

There was so much water in that trench that it had run UPHILL (finding its own level) so there wasn't much we could do other than keep digging until we found/heard the leak.

messy stuff!!

Cheers