How to make a plow device to bury plastic tubing ?

/ How to make a plow device to bury plastic tubing ?
Lots of good suggestions, they will help in the design of mine.

/ How to make a plow device to bury plastic tubing ? #12  
Why don't you install real pipe? You can plow in PVC easier than tubing and the fittings are far better.

I have had really good luck with the new flexible poly tubing that they are plumbing houses with these days. All direct runs, no fittings elbows etc. But I would like the device able to do up to 1/2" pvc or & 3/4" equivalent of the new stuff.

/ How to make a plow device to bury plastic tubing ? #14  
In my day job I build fibre optic cable networks. Pipe is mostly installed with a directional drill, with a small amount of ploughing.
The point I'm getting to is that we use MDPE (medium density poly ethylene) rather than PVC (poly vinyl chloride) because MDPE is much more pliable than PVC. It will bend without breaking which is useful when ploughing or drilling pipe. It might be cheaper as well. Perhaps less than $1 per metre (approx 3"). Don't use LDPE, it's too soft.

Yep I like MDPE, tubing of choice. I also bury a strand of steel electric fence wire with both plastic pipe to find it later and with low voltage electric wire to take the tension rather than the electrical wire.

/ How to make a plow device to bury plastic tubing ? #16  
Yep I like MDPE, tubing of choice. I also bury a strand of steel electric fence wire with both plastic pipe to find it later and with low voltage electric wire to take the tension rather than the electrical wire.

Where do you buy the MDPE tubing and how much are you paying? I have a 300' to 400' run of 3/4" water line to make and this might and this might be the right product.
Thank you, A.Metcalf

My son is a general contractor, he gets it for me when he can from his subs when they have a job going.

/ How to make a plow device to bury plastic tubing ? #18  
PEX pipe is available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. It can be purchased is short lenths like PVC, but also in rolls. I believe it is sized the same as copper or CPVC instead of like PVC. I have not worked with it much, but you do see it used in most homes now. I see on the Home Depot website that a 1/2" roll 100' long is $26.62.

From the PEX website: PEX tubing is made from crosslinked HDPE (high density polyethylene) polymer. The HDPE is melted and continuously extruded into tube.

Hard to keep up with all the acronyms. I just use the stuff that I get for scrap price from my sons sub contractors that they are plumbing houses with these days. Flexible and hot and cold water rated.