How to mount spool valve on JD tractor

/ How to mount spool valve on JD tractor #1  

Kfbeal

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 JD 5103
I'm undecided how I want to mount a spool valve on my JD 5103 for additional rear SCV's. I purchased a 4"x4"x1/4" angle that I thought about mounting across the ROPS frame and mount it atop that with handles facing the seat just to the right of the seat.

Anyone done anything similar with pictures on how they mounted theirs? I prefer not to mount it on the fender.

Or would it be strong enough with just a 12" piece of angle u-bolted to the right ROPS upright with the spool valve mounted to it? I thought about that but wasn't sure. I thought that since I had the angle iron all the way across I could use it for something else like mounting another tool box there or something.

Any ideas?

/ How to mount spool valve on JD tractor #2  
Have you checked with the Dealer on the "factory" option? IMO it depends on where you're going to have to hook the hoses up (power beyond etc). I had thought about getting a second SCV but I haven't used the first one yet.

/ How to mount spool valve on JD tractor #3  
I'm undecided how I want to mount a spool valve on my JD 5103 for additional rear SCV's. I purchased a 4"x4"x1/4" angle that I thought about mounting across the ROPS frame and mount it atop that with handles facing the seat just to the right of the seat.

Anyone done anything similar with pictures on how they mounted theirs? I prefer not to mount it on the fender.

Or would it be strong enough with just a 12" piece of angle u-bolted to the right ROPS upright with the spool valve mounted to it? I thought about that but wasn't sure. I thought that since I had the angle iron all the way across I could use it for something else like mounting another tool box there or something.

Any ideas?

Sorry you are not getting much response to this or your other post...I guess your question is just a little to specific maybe.

I would think that a piece of angle iron U-bolted to the ROPS would be plenty strong to hold your valve.

/ How to mount spool valve on JD tractor #4  
Have you checked with the Dealer on the "factory" option? IMO it depends on where you're going to have to hook the hoses up (power beyond etc). I had thought about getting a second SCV but I haven't used the first one yet.

He/I have been all through this, he needs 2 remotes, and the JD option only allows 1 to be installed.

/ How to mount spool valve on JD tractor #5  
Interesting as when I bought my 5103 this year it came with one SCV with an option for another. I could have misunderstood my dealer and will have to get back with him on that. hummmmmm???

/ How to mount spool valve on JD tractor
The green belly's come with 1 as standard with an option for a second because they have the mid-mount SCV's. The power beyond on the newer models is different than older models.

On my tractor the power beyond allows for 2 ports. 1 is currently used for the loader with space for an additional.

I need 2, so I purchased a 2-spool valve which will be fed from the power beyond of the loader joystick.