Loader How to not damage your FEL

/ How to not damage your FEL #51  
   / How to not damage your FEL #52  
I saw this video and I have seen a few videos of Ted driving, that dude is just hard on stuff lol, peanut is a much more reserved operator.

Honestly I wouldn't have put that video out, idk after seeing it if I would say that the EA root grapple is strong. More like poor Kubota

And the Craigslist ad said:
"Must sell fast: Well maintained used Kubota for sale, divorce forces sale, never abused...":)

/ How to not damage your FEL #53  
And the Craigslist ad said:
"Must sell fast: Well maintained used Kubota for sale, divorce forces sale, never abused...":)

I bet that add would be 8k off a new machine lol.

/ How to not damage your FEL #54  
Many people say you should not use the FEL for excavation, so why do so many people have toothbars? Hmmm...

/ How to not damage your FEL #55  
Many people say you should not use the FEL for excavation, so why do so many people have toothbars? Hmmm...

I have used FELs plenty of times for excavation. even without a toothbar, though I am sure it would have helped. I cut down an entire hill where I used to live near Willard Mo. that actually had some dirt. It took some time, but one bucket at a time I transferred the hilltop over to a gulch and filled it up. I am not sure how many tons of dirt/small rock I dug up and moved but over the course of 2 weeks or so, it was a bunch. And this was with a utility sized 2WD tractor with loaded tires and a counterweight.

/ How to not damage your FEL #56  
I have done lots of excavation with my toothless FEL. Filled in ravines, cut down high places to level the field in front of my cabin. An FEL and a box blade on a medium sized tractor can move a lot of dirt. Not efficient or fast, but still effective. And fun. I also removed two acres of small pines with the FEL in order to make that 'field'. I pushed each one of them over, some of them as big as 10" at the base. Then, I hooked the bucket lip under the exposed roots. Then slowly, in first gear, I'd inch forward while lifting and curling the bucket and the whole tree, root and all would pop out of the ground. If the ground was dry this was almost impossible. Yes, all this is hard on the tractor, particularly the front axle. But, as mentioned, that's why I got the tractor and...that was 11 years ago and other than the slightly leaky front bevel housing the tractor is just fine.

/ How to not damage your FEL #57  
A toothbar makes digging easier? I was thinking about buying one, I plan to scrape sod so I can expand my driveway at the barn.

/ How to not damage your FEL #58  
A toothbar makes digging easier? I was thinking about buying one, I plan to scrape sod so I can expand my driveway at the barn.

Absolutely it does. It concentrates the tractor/loader force into the small cross-sectional area of the teeth on the bar. Thus they easily penetrate and break up the dirt. The result is you fill up your loader bucket much quicker and easier. Far less strain on the loader.