How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #31  
I don't know about duct tape, but wide masking tape works pretty well to pick the real small ticks off your pants. Obviously, you need to get after them right away when you leave the field.

Chiggers are so small that they easily burrow through the weave of socks. Thus the effectiveness of insecticide on the socks.

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #32  
Cash works pretty good but it is not as cheap. :D

I found some bush hogging for a neigbor yesterday. The ones I did not mow are more accessible.

Even up on the 265 MF I have a ton of bug bites today.:(

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #33  
All you guys need to do is buy some Naugas...they eat Ticks, Mosquitoes, Fleas and Chiggers....as fate would have it I have a friend that has a Nauga ranch...he used to raise them for their hide...he supplied all the car makers with Nauga Hide for the upholstery in cars but when they went to vinyl and leather he changed his business plan and now sells them in breeding pairs to control these insects...

He used to have a problem when he was skinning the Naugas for their hide with the Nauga carcasses but then he got rats and the rats ate the Naugas ..but then he was covered up with Rats so he bought cats and the cats ate the rats...then wouldn't ya know ....too many cats ..so he bought snakes and now the snakes eat the cats...and now he also sells Snake Hide Boots....:laughing:

I always felt bad for those poor naugas, all they were doing was trying to survive but got exploited for their hydra. :laughing:

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #34  
Jstpssng said:
I always felt bad for those poor naugas, all they were doing was trying to survive but got exploited for their hydra. :laughing:

At least they aren't constantly being shot at like the poor skeet.

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #36  
dmccarty said:
Shoot. Our Chiggers will out chigger your chiggers any day. In fact, if I could catch all of our Chiggers I would send them to you for your breeding program and throw in some ticks to boot! :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

Ya know, that sounds like a good old fashioned ThrowDown! :laughing:

TractorByNet Android Mobile
Rick Mantooth
Kioti CK30 HST/FEL/BH/BB

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #37  
Ya know, that sounds like a good old fashioned ThrowDown! :laughing:

TractorByNet Android Mobile
Rick Mantooth
Kioti CK30 HST/FEL/BH/BB

Yeah, I will Throw (them) Down at your feet and run like H E double L! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have noticed that people have been picking Blackberries along side the road over the last few weeks. I really hope they have been using bug spray.....

Later,
Dan

/ How to pick blackberries and not get eaten alive #38  
Yeah, I will Throw (them) Down at your feet and run like H E double L! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have noticed that people have been picking Blackberries along side the road over the last few weeks. I really hope they have been using bug spray.....

Later,
Dan

Too kind, sir!

Our blackberries(Tame) are just about done for this year. The wild bushes look to have a week or two left, but you're right. We picked blueberries last weekend and the better half was covered in bites and I got off very lightly this time around. We're goin' back in to the blueberry bushes tomorrow night, so hopefully the same... Lesson learned, when picking wild berries, take the wife! :rolleyes: