How to pop out frost plug ?

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #11  
Here's a picture of the block heater for a TC25D. The electrical cord plugs into the 2 posts visible in the right hand picture.

Attachments

• 48-214244-P1050003.jpg
    48-214244-P1050003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 183
   / How to pop out frost plug ?
Thanks for the info on the heater. Look forward to the picture.

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #13  
I wish I could find the heater I read about a few years ago. It installed in a heater hose. What was really neat about it is that after it warmed the fluid up that was around it, it would pulse it forward and get new fluid to heat up. This way the whole block was warmed.

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #14  
I had one of those on my car back in the 70s. It went bad, burned a hole in its side and pumped all of my anti freeze out onto the ground /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif I repaired it and got a block heater.

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #15  
Been there - seen that - and smelled that too ...

Terrible stink - glad it didn't start the car on fire.

Freeze plugs good - hose heaters bad.

Brad in NH

Where it gets cold once in a while ...

I did not have any problems with the couple of hose heaters I had. Guess I got lucky on the brand or something. They didnot pulse and pump though, just heated by conduction thru the water. After hearing of your problems I believe I will go with a block heater next time too though.

Ben

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #17  
Yikes!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif What an ugly thing to wake up to when settin' out for work on a cold morn! I'm glad now that I never pursued that product!

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #18  
Mike, that's exactly what I put in my TC 40D. Do you remember what you paid for it and did it come from your NH dealer? Rocko, I took pictures last night but left the disk in the camera. Will try to remember to post tomorrow.

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #19  
<font color=blue>Do you remember what you paid for it and did it come from your NH dealer?</font color=blue>
I bought it from my NH dealer. I think the cost was about $20, which included shipping to my home.

Well. I picked up my block heater today from the very helpful guys at NAPA. My local dealer wanted $32, went to NAPA with frost plug size in hand and the NAPA guys went out of their way to to check their stock for one that would fit. $20 , not bad ! Tommorrow I'm going to install, decided to use my slide hammer dent puller to remove frost plug even tho instructions said to use screw driver or chisel & hammer to spin plug 90 deg. and pull out with pliers. Don't like the idea of using a hammer and pounding on engine. Should be easy job. (famous last words)

later