How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees??

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #31  
$4500 for 2 1/2weeks work
5 day work week
12 days
$375 per day
$47 per hour on 8hr day minus time to service equipment, fuel, teeth, hydro fluid, hoses, filters, and on & on. wow that wont last long

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #32  
With the numbers provided we can calculate that each tree is occupying 65.34 sq. ft. With them being in that close proximity to each other I would cut them at about 18 inches and pull at least 5 stumps at a time (maybe more) depending how they are arranged.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #35  
i stay in the red alot

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #36  
A 248 is a skid steer loader. Just like he said.

Just sayin.

CTL, SSL, it doesn't really matter. They both cost much more to operate than that. 2 1/2 weeks should be between 10K and 15K depending on how much of it was with the mulcher.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #37  
davefr said:
Even if I gave them away for free I doubt I could make a dent in the qty. They haven't been maintained the last couple years so they're probably considered culls. In addition I don't want the liability and hassle associated with the "you cut" crowd.

12" stumps is probably on the high side. I bet most of them are around 6".

What I don't want is to ignore them because it'll probably get exponentially harder and costlier to remove them in the future.

Isn't there pulping companies who want those trees,or the guys who make the duraflame logs. Those things sell for a pretty penny

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #38  
CTL, SSL, it doesn't really matter. They both cost much more to operate than that. 2 1/2 weeks should be between 10K and 15K depending on how much of it was with the mulcher.

If I could make that much in two weeks, I'd take the rest of the month off and go fishing.

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #39  
thats alot of trees. can you wait a year and have a processor come in a cut them as sellable trees for next season. even if you top them and only take the top 8 foot, you generate some cash and reduce the size of the burn pile? then bring in a big dozer, tub griderb operator and subout turning them into chip or mulch.

good luck, wish i lived closer

/ How to remove 15 acres of unmarketable Xmas trees?? #40  
Sounds like you have a tree farm. Start selling to nurseries?