How to replace a starter motor

/ How to replace a starter motor #11  
What the actual Craftsman model number (not LT1000). I'm trying to look up the part at sears.com. I've worked on several riding mowers and never had to remove the flywheel for the starter. Usually the starter comes up from the bottom of the flywheel and is removed from the outside. Moybe not this one.

Rob

/ How to replace a starter motor #12  
What the actual Craftsman model number (not LT1000). I'm trying to look up the part at sears.com. I've worked on several riding mowers and never had to remove the flywheel for the starter. Usually the starter comes up from the bottom of the flywheel and is removed from the outside. Moybe not this one.

Rob

/ How to replace a starter motor #13  
this might sound shade tree but i have removed flywheels off of garden tractors by putting a little pressure on the flywheel with a large screwdriver and hitting the crankshaft with a hammer. you dont have to hit it very hard if you dont have a brass hammer just leave the nut on a couple of threads.

/ How to replace a starter motor #14  
this might sound shade tree but i have removed flywheels off of garden tractors by putting a little pressure on the flywheel with a large screwdriver and hitting the crankshaft with a hammer. you dont have to hit it very hard if you dont have a brass hammer just leave the nut on a couple of threads.

/ How to replace a starter motor #15  
Actually the preferred. When I was a pro we used a 2# or 3# aluminum hammer. Just wacked the crap out of it and it would come off the tapered shaft. Some needed more help than others. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This was on the Wisconson & Robin gas engines, 1,2,4 cylinder gassers.

/ How to replace a starter motor #16  
Actually the preferred. When I was a pro we used a 2# or 3# aluminum hammer. Just wacked the crap out of it and it would come off the tapered shaft. Some needed more help than others. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This was on the Wisconson & Robin gas engines, 1,2,4 cylinder gassers.