Backhoe How to replace the 2210 seat with the reversible seat for use with 260 backhoe?

/ How to replace the 2210 seat with the reversible seat for use with 260 backhoe? #1  

jbeall

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
I am embarassed to have to post this, but I'm having some trouble understanding how you're supposed to install the seat kit (John Deere part # LVB24980) on my John Deere 2210.

This is the seat kit that is for use with the 260 backhoe. It is supposed to make the seat reversible. I think (not sure) that it is the same seat that comes standard on the 2305?

Regardless, I am not sure how this is supposed to be installed. I'm sure it's really simple but I am not seeing it. There were only seven things in the kit:

1. New seat
  2. Metal rod
  3. Black metal bracket
  4. Cotter pin (goes in hole on metal rod?)
  5. Washer (looks the right size to fit rod
  6. Metal screw with hex head
  7. Plastic lock nut (I think that's the right term), looks like the metal screw goes into this

You can see all of this in the video I took of the seat kit. Sorry about everything being so dusty, my tractor has been working hard lately and is due for a bath. It doesn't help that the only building I have to store it in is a barn with a dirt floor--and animals, who stir up the dirt. Seems I can never keep things clean!

Last edited: