How to reset Kubota error?

/ How to reset Kubota error? #1  

alabamatoy

Tractor
An orange one
L3901 is showing E93, which is starter relay error. Service manual defines the error but seems to have no description of how to cancel the code. The machine starts and runs fine.

I had to remove the instrument cowling to install a USB power port. Apparently turning the "ignition" on (to test the USB port) without the relay connected is not to the liking of the computer.

/ How to reset Kubota error? #3  
L3901 is showing E93, which is starter relay error. Service manual defines the error but seems to have no description of how to cancel the code. The machine starts and runs fine.

I had to remove the instrument cowling to install a USB power port. Apparently turning the "ignition" on (to test the USB port) without the relay connected is not to the liking of the computer.

You can reset codes.
IMG_4106.jpg

/ How to reset Kubota error? #4  
TBN's ongoing picture viewing problem is getting frustrating. In case the op can't see the WSM page I posted above, it is in the electrical section, p. 9-M12
A summary is:
Key in on position while holding down the "DPF Inhibit" switch and the "Parked Regeneration" Switch together, will show the "Service Inpect Display". I suspect you press and hold the buttons first, then turn the key on. Not sure though.

Cycle through "Target Mode" A-D by pressing the "Parked Regeneration" button. Select the mode of interest with a several second press of the "Parked Regeneration" button when the mode is displayed.

A = Test mode, for reading various sensor voltages
B = Error information clear mode
C = Acceleration sensor fine adjustment
D = Tractor model select mode

The WSM doesn't go any further into the menus, so I assume the display will indicate how to make changes, or clear the codes. Likely with the same two buttons previously used.
Good luck.

/ How to reset Kubota error?
Thank you very much RjCorazza. The images came up fine for me, but I appreciate the text effort.

So I tried this, and it worked, but slightly differently than what the manual suggests.

1 - Press and hold the 2 DPF buttons simultaneously and turn power ON.
2 - Indeed, "A" was displayed, followed by "b", "c", "d" (yes, my capitalization is correct) with each press of parked regen.
3 - when it was displaying "b", I pressed and held the parked regen and the system emitted a loud BEEP and displayed "PUSH". Well <ahem> that's not very informative as to what it wants me to do. Sweet baby Kubota, I love ya, but I aint pushing ya, that's for sure!
At this point I tried pressing the parked regen again, and nothing. Then I cycled the power and the code reappeared. I repeated this whole process several times with various guesses at what the pooter meant by "PUSH" until I tried simultaneously pushing the DPF and parked regen buttons which caused it to display "EXIT". Uh oh, that looked frightening. So I once again cycled power, and the code was now gone.

So, apparently the required steps are 1) press and hold both buttons while turning power on and look for "A". Press parked regen to get it to display "b". Then press and HOLD parked regen until it beeps (quite loud beep, startled me first time) and it should display "PUSH". Press both DPF buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds and it should display "EXIT". Now power off. At this point, you should be able to power on again and the error code should be gone.

Thanks for your detailed help. I hope this helps someone else.....

Last edited:
   / How to reset Kubota error? #6  
Glad you got it sorted out, and thanks for the follow-up with the correct sequence. Someday another L3301, L3901, L4701 owner will search for, and find this thread!

/ How to reset Kubota error? #7  
TBN's ongoing picture viewing problem is getting frustrating. In case the op can't see the WSM page I posted above, it is in the electrical section, p. 9-M12
A summary is:
Key in on position while holding down the "DPF Inhibit" switch and the "Parked Regeneration" Switch together, will show the "Service Inpect Display". I suspect you press and hold the buttons first, then turn the key on. Not sure though.

Cycle through "Target Mode" A-D by pressing the "Parked Regeneration" button. Select the mode of interest with a several second press of the "Parked Regeneration" button when the mode is displayed.

A = Test mode, for reading various sensor voltages
B = Error information clear mode
C = Acceleration sensor fine adjustment
D = Tractor model select mode

The WSM doesn't go any further into the menus, so I assume the display will indicate how to make changes, or clear the codes. Likely with the same two buttons previously used.
Good luck.

What problem??.... What browser are you using....

/ How to reset Kubota error? #8  
"How to reset Kubota error.". - Trade it in on something else! :)

/ How to reset Kubota error? #9  
What problem??.... What browser are you using....

There are a lot of users reporting image problems over the last week, on a multitude of systems and browsers. I personally was using IOS and Safari or Chrome. The issue seems to be resolved, as images are now displaying for me.
Supposedly some type of DNS server problem not directly related to TBN.