how to retain pump on pto shaft

/ how to retain pump on pto shaft
pump mount.JPG

Been a while since I loaded a picture and not sure it did. But if so here is picture of what I ended up with. I used angle iron to make the mount and get the right width easily. I bolt it to the guard to keep it from walking off the pto shaft which a friend told me will not happen. Will leave the bolts to the tractor loose to prevent it putting any side load on the shaft and allow the pump to have some wiggle as the shaft may need.

Thank each of you for your help. No hoses on pump yet but find it easy to slip off and on and even if not bolted it will prevent the rotation of the pump.

/ how to retain pump on pto shaft #12  
I'm sure you'll be keepin an eye on those bolts you are leaving loose, but I would recommend double nutting and tightening the two nuts together to prevent vibration from working them looser. I have a hard time keeping tight things tight, so I'm sure I could lose something that was loose to start with in a heartbeat. Looks like you came up with a good setup.

Jim totally agree on the double nuts and them being tight to each other. For me I like the setup. Turned out to be so simple when I put the pump on the shaft and backed off and looked at what I had to work with.

/ how to retain pump on pto shaft #14  
Yep, that'll work great!!!

/ how to retain pump on pto shaft #15  
If you don't want to mess with bolts and nuts, just use some of these lock pins.

Attachments

• image-3364850695.jpg
    image-3364850695.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 38
   / how to retain pump on pto shaft #16  
If you don't want to mess with bolts and nuts, just use some of these lock pins.
That's what I was thinking too. It allows for some flex, provides a lock, and is a 'no tool' solution. :thumbsup:

I had thought of using them and had the message typed but then deleted it for wondering if they would be dependable. With your suggestions will do that. Again thanks for the recommendations.