How to start a chainsaw

/ How to start a chainsaw #21  
Ya know, I better not take this for granted and state that I was kidding with this. This is one of the dumbest things I've seen anyone do with a chainsaw

Arrow, I've watched a fellow drop a tree across a car, but you're right; this one takes the cake. :shocked:

/ How to start a chainsaw #22  
Very funny picture! LOL. Wish I thought of it!

/ How to start a chainsaw #23  
With my chainsaw, if you put it on the ground and put your foot on the handle, that would work great if you are wearing tennis shoes and wear a size 6. With me, I broke the flat part of the handle, and use the drop and pull method now.

/ How to start a chainsaw #24  
I only use drop and pull. If you take the slack out of the cord before the drop it's pretty safe. +2 my size 12s won't fit in a saw handle either. +3 the saw on the ground jerks around when you're bent double and have little control. +4 I don't like bending that far. +5 I don't have the pulling power bent double as I do with drop and pull.
I mostly shut the saw off between cuts, so there's lots of starting; see 4 above. YMMV, be safe.
Jim

/ How to start a chainsaw #25  
I have seen countless times where people pull out the starter cord almost to its end. Short quick strokes will start a chainsaw in no time. I rarely pull the cord more than 12"-18" with quick , staccato like yanks.

/ How to start a chainsaw #26  
As Ron White would say...you can't fix stupid.

/ How to start a chainsaw #27  
To start the saw cold I put it on the ground, right hand on the front handle, left hand on the pull handle and knee on the top of the saw housing with some weight on it. First pull is nice and slow to get it limbered up then three or four fast pulls usually starts it. Warm saw is usually drop and pull.
154 Husqvarna. Think it was mid 80's when I bought it, has been an excellent saw.

/ How to start a chainsaw #28  
Just plug 'er in and squeeze the trigger... A saw for the un-Skil-ed

/ How to start a chainsaw
Ok Ok this isn't safe!! Just look at the electrical tape, geeze. :laughing:
Maybe from holding the cord and the blade between the legs?