how to tie into PB

/ how to tie into PB #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
my loader valve has a PB port. The way the Hydraulic lines connect on this tractor will I be able to use the PB port & still be able to operate the rest of the Hydraulics on my tractor ?:confused:

See pics of how loader lines are connected to loader valve

fitting%20install.jpg

The High Pressure line is cut and routed through my loader valve ( High pressure) & out ( H.P.) for the rest of the Hydraulics on the tractor to operate.The High Pressure then (I assume) goes to the sump & returned on the suction line ( all tractors may operate like this I don't know) The current loader valve has a PB port which is plugged. The loader valve manual states, if I use the PB port it changes the loader valve from open center to closed. Do I need to keep the valve open center so the rest of my Hydraulics will operate ?:confused:

Thanks

/ how to tie into PB #2  
How about some more pictures.

Can you describe your hyd flow more in detail, like pump, FEL valve, 3pt, tank, etc?

What does the QD supply?

Valves that have PB ports can be adapted to open center, PB, or closed center by using an adapter.

Your tractor is probably open center.

Last edited:
   / how to tie into PB
How about some more pictures.

Can you describe your hyd flow more in detail, like pump, FEL valve, 3pt, tank, etc?

What does the QD supply?

Valves that have PB ports can be adapted to open center, PB, or closed center by using an adapter.The 1st pic is with loader not installer & a hose connected so, the tractor can operate without loader. These aren't pics of my tractor but, all yanmars are set up the same way for loader

Your tractor is probably open center.
loader%20shoes.jpg

what do you need me to describe about hyd flow, pumb, valve 3 pt ? I don't know what QD supply is

Yes the valve is set up as open center.From what I understand the valve Manual states if PB is used the loader valve becomes open center
cut%20tubing.jpg

/ how to tie into PB #4  
The line going to the banjo fitting, is that your pump output? This would be a normal path with a FEL valve. Pump to FEL IN port, PB plug/screw installed, line from PB port to then to 3pt, and then to tank. The FEL OUT port would go to tank/reservoir.

[ I would definitively remove that QD set from the pump. ] Should something accidently cause the QD to unplug, the pump would probably blow up. Use a union or nipple to join the two hoses/lines.

Did you check or set the PRV on the FEL valve?

I would suggest plumbing in the FEL valve, and use QD's on the work ports, and leave the FEL valve on the tractor if removing the loader. .

/ how to tie into PB #5  
The current loader valve has a PB port which is plugged. The loader valve manual states, if I use the PB port it changes the loader valve from open center to closed. Do I need to keep the valve open center so the rest of my Hydraulics will operate ?:confused:

Thanks

I never heard of anything like that before...PB setups are not used in CC systems. I think you are mis-reading the manual. Yes, the valve must remain OC.

/ how to tie into PB
The line going to the banjo fitting, is that your pump output? This would be a normal path with a FEL valve. Pump to FEL IN port, PB plug/screw installed, line from PB port to then to 3pt, and then to tank. The FEL OUT port would go to tank/reservoir.

Did you check or set the PRV on the FEL valve?

Yes the banjo fitting is the pump out put. There is a plug in the pb port as of now.Pump out put (H.P.) is on the inlet port of the fel valve.On the Out port on fel valve high pressure continues to the rest of the tractor hydraulics power shift & 3 pt B-4 dumping into the sump (or transmission) I'm not sure these yanmar FEL valves are plumbes like other tractors. I didn't check or set the PRV on the FEL valve.Just had this loader installed about a month ago. The dealer may have set or checked it

/ how to tie into PB
I never heard of anything like that before...PB setups are not used in CC systems. I think you are mis-reading the manual. Yes, the valve must remain OC.

What is a CC system ? the valve I have is a Dinoil valve for the FEL

On the diagram it shows Valve is shipped open center for closed center applications replace item 1 9which is the plug in the PB port0 . with item 2 which looks like a fitting and a hose for PB

/ how to tie into PB #8  
CC is closed center, whereby the fluid does not flow continuously through the valves. It is usually used with a variable speed pump.

It depends on the FEL valve you have now, as to the use of the PB port. Some valves will not withstand pressure on the out port of more than 500 psi, and if you have a PB port, I would get the adapter for PB and use that port to feed the 3pt. The OUT from the loader valve should go to tank.

What brand name of the loader valve?

Check with the parts dept for the right part.

/ how to tie into PB
a pic of the manual. Hope you can read it.

Attachments

• game cam 004.jpg
    game cam 004.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 300
   / how to tie into PB #10  
Yes, I can read it, and it says that the valve comes as open center, and if you want PB, to purchase and install the PB sleeve.

What the PB sleeve does is to separate the main gallery and OUT port and lets the hyd flow pass downstream through the PB fitting for additional valves or just to 3pt.

The cyl's expended fluid only goes to the OUT port, and most times the out ports go to tank.