Ballast How to top off nitrogen rear tires

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #11  
I don't see anywhere where it says oxygen is larger than nitrogen, the difference is small but nitrogen is still larger. I believe nitrogen is also less dense and is suppose to help with rolling resistance, they even make tires geared for lower rolling resistance. Again, all this crap might make a difference when you put on a million miles but I don't forsee it being any better than just checking your tires periodically. **** if your passenger vehicle was built after 07 you have TPMS and it will even tell you when your tire pressure is a little bit below the threshold the manufacturer sets due to government mandation.

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #12  
oxygens atomic number is 8, nitrogens is 7. So oxygen is indeed bigger and heavier.

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #13  
Yep. Just top off with plain old air.

What is the nitrogen supposed to do anyway? I dont see any benefit.
In a ballasted tire it leaves less oxidative potential. Sometimes an issue.
larry

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #14  
I guess nitrogen would be OK if you want dryer air in your tires and plan on going a little faster(say 200mph) on your tractor. Here, in this part of the world, the regular air is plenty dry and 78% nitrogen or whatever is also sufficient nitrogen for my needs.
Sounds to me like somebody is selling a bridge again.

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #15  
The benefits of improved N2 mileage because it takes less energy to haul your lighter wallet.
Fill with dry air and be done with it.
That said wet atmospheric air is not a good thing to put inside a tire.
Anybody that thinks N2 is required for anything other than airplane tires needs the air hose shoved into the appropriate place.

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #16  
   / How to top off nitrogen rear tires #17  
Gee, I'm not a physic either but I know enough to avoid those herds of heavy oxygens when I'm out plowing.

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires
Well I feel like an idiot. It was a friend who had his car tires filled with nitrogen. My rear tractor tires have calcium chloride! Uggghhh....sorry.

Mike

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #19  
I fill all my tired with nitrogen because it's on my worktruck. Works great for blowing tires on bead.

/ How to top off nitrogen rear tires #20  
I fill all my tired with nitrogen because it's on my worktruck. Works great for blowing tires on bead.