how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics

/ how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics
y no comments here?

/ how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics #12  
Is this a new installation that isn't working or did it work & quit now quit working?

WHEN THE TRACTOR ARRIVED THE HITCH WAS UP. I PUSHED THE LEVER DOWN AND STOOD ON THE HITCH AND IT WENT DOWN.THEN I PULLED IT UP AND THE HITCH DID NOT GO UP. IT IS GOOD NOW THOUGH.I JUST NEED TO HOOK UP SOMETHING TO IT THAT I CAN USE.

/ how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics #14  
mit said:
oh i took off the quick disconnects and blew air through so there is no restriction all the way to the pressure relief valve. i think that the pump is fine cause i put my thumb over the hole while cranking and it blew fluid .i dont know what else to do. i was told to change the fluid to a thicker oil but i dont think that is the problem.
Please don't do this- Death by hydraulic fluid embolism is SO painful!:eek: :eek:

how would u know?u are still alive to talk about it.hey and my hitch works .

/ how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics #16  
Mit, what he is talking about I think is hydraulic fluid entering your blood stream under high pressure. It's always a bad thing and same applies to diesel. So if you a leak somewhere on your tractor that is under pressure don't hold your hand over it to see how bad it is. There are probably some horror stories on the safety forum about this.

i thought so.the koyker instruction said something like that, when looking for leaks in hi pressure systems the pressurized fluid could penetrate your skin.you should put a card board at the point where u suspect a leak not your hand.my thing was if he knew of a better way y not post it so a novice like me will not repeat such a mistake. it would have been worse it while the tractor was running u try to disconnect a pressure hose connection.i just posted what i did to make my thingy work in the hope of helping some one with a similar problem.hey so i was wrong on that one .keep your hands away from pressurized fluid just stay back and look for flow with a quick crank.hows that?i am not a pro but i think the fine spray under hi pressure is what he meant.bottom line is b careful when working with hi pressure systems

/ how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics #18  
Amen brother.

some helpful pictures on the hydralics.

Attachments

• Hydraulic%20Control%20Valve[1].jpg
    Hydraulic%20Control%20Valve[1].jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Hydraulic%20Control[1].jpg
    Hydraulic%20Control[1].jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 158
   / how to trouble shoot 3 point hydralics #20  
Mit- Back in July, when I made the other post, I also made another post, which I don't see now. Maybe one got dropped when they invented this section of the forum this summer. Anyway, sorry for the wisecrack, just my nature, trying to have fun at another's expense. With regard to your diagrams, I would take the control valve in the first diagram apart, carefully, as the springs inside can sometimes cause the assembly to pop apart, losing parts in the process. First thing to do is to bleed off all pressure from the system, by shutting off the tractor, and cycling the valve handle back and forth. Then remove any hoses connected to the valve, and dis-assemble one component at a time. Check for sludge buildup, broken springs, plungers that are stuck in bores. If after thorough inspection and cleaning, you can't find the cause, it may be time to get the manual, and go through it step by step. I'll check mine and see what it says, but I don't have the loader on mine.