How was your experience with Kubota finance?

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #1  

dneal

Tractor
MF GC1710
To get my rant out first... So I traded a little Massey Ferguson for a B2601, and so far the "buying experience" is being soured by Kubota. The dealer is great, but Kubota Corp and their business operations are a little concerning. All the parts (3rd function, backhoe, etc...) I wanted were delivered from the warehouse in KS, but they forgot the subframe for the BH. Now they say they don't have any and don't know when they will. I've been waiting about month.

Not happy, but oh well. Dealer is leaving my tractor with me until it gets sorted. I go to sign up on Kubota finance's website, and "account can't be created". I call Kubota Credit, who says "give it a couple of weeks".

Seriously? Your supply chain and materiel management is "sorry, no idea when we'll have the stuff you bought a month ago". Your finance department is "give it a few more weeks", but we'll send you a payment booklet. I'm not impressed, and wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #2  
Mine was very smooth. However I dragged my feet for a few months as well...gave dealer ample time to get everything in. By the time I was ready for delivery it was all buttoned up. No issues with Kubota finance at all. I setup online payments so they just email me every month when the money is deducted.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance?
Thanks. To be clear, I don't have a problem with the dealer. They had the tractor and loader, checked the warehouse's inventory and ordered everything else. The subframe for the backhoe was a no-show. The warehouse got another 1/2 dozen, and sent them to other dealers. I just retired after 30+ years of army logistics. Sloppy supply chain and materiel management is a pet peeve.

I guess I just thought it was strange that the finance bubbas can see my info in their system, but it hasn't populated wherever in the system that lets me create an account. The general "sorry, I guess it sucks to be you" attitude I've experienced so far is off-putting.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #4  
Incredible smooth, visited the dealer to put hands on and settled on a M7060 cab. Went home and configured on line, brought the list back to dealer made a few changes, haggle over price, throw in manuals and service supplies out to 500 hrs. He ordered it, no money down didn't even sign anything. I made two changes after the order, tires and bucket width, dealer only charged his cost difference. When it came in he emailed the paper work link, filled out on line, only payment I made was $40.00 for Kubota insurance, two days later delivered and 5 days later kubota payment book showed up, setup bank to make payments, including last amount. Includes insurance for each year. With zero interest payments why use my money.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #5  
Smooth as silk with all my machines. Keep in mind that getting certain things right now is very difficult due to Covid-19. A lot of plants have been shutdown for 7 weeks and it takes awhile to get restarted. Finding a particular car right now is extremely difficult as well. So it’s gonna take sometime for things to get back to normal.

Thank you for your service to our country.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #6  
I bought way back in 2008. That's ancient history, but Kubota deserves congratulations for continuing a good program. My experience couldn't have been easier. Polite & civilized.
As near as I can tell from TBN comments, Kubota's financing program is the same now as it was twelve years ago. That's good.

What the OP "dneal" is seeing sounds vastly different - hopefully it's just part of this crazy year.
But please do keep us posted. If it is changing, we all need to know.
rScotty

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #7  
Financing went smooth. The dealer did everything. I did not have to go online for anything. It did take a couple or maybe three weeks to get all the add ons. The dealer would tell the parts would be in then when I would call and he would say something did not come in.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance?
Smooth as silk with all my machines. Keep in mind that getting certain things right now is very difficult due to Covid-19. A lot of plants have been shutdown for 7 weeks and it takes awhile to get restarted. Finding a particular car right now is extremely difficult as well. So it’s gonna take sometime for things to get back to normal.

Thank you for your service to our country.

If I were looking at an LX, I’d completely agree about COVID shutting down the factory and product delays. Not so sure that applies to a model that has been available. If they’ve got the BH’s, they should have the subframes. Most manufacturing uses software (like SAP) to manage the supply chain from production to assembly, etc... I think they’ve got some growing pains at the new warehouse in KS.

rScotty said:
What the OP "dneal" is seeing sounds vastly different - hopefully it's just part of this crazy year.
But please do keep us posted. If it is changing, we all need to know.

Glitches happen, and maybe I’m just the lucky guy who got to experience one. The demeanor from the customer service rep I’ve been corresponding with and the finance rep I talked to today seemed a little indifferent to me. I’m not really surprised with customer service. The industry standard seems to be “sorry we screwed up, please accept our apology as that’s all we’re going to do about it”.

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #9  
If I were looking at an LX, I’d completely agree about COVID shutting down the factory and product delays. Not so sure that applies to a model that has been available. If they’ve got the BH’s, they should have the subframes. Most manufacturing uses software (like SAP) to manage the supply chain from production to assembly, etc... I think they’ve got some growing pains at the new warehouse in KS.

Glitches happen, and maybe I’m just the lucky guy who got to experience one. The demeanor from the customer service rep I’ve been corresponding with and the finance rep I talked to today seemed a little indifferent to me. I’m not really surprised with customer service. The industry standard seems to be “sorry we screwed up, please accept our apology as that’s all we’re going to do about it”.

When I bought my MX5200, I had a similar experience. Dealer straightened it out. I called Kubota Credit and made first pament over phone at no charge, no issue. Booklet arrived, online access worked. set up monthly ACH from my checking.. Have never used the booklet. No issues since original setup problems.

I had the tractor & all accessories, KCC told me not to worry so I just enjoyed new machine

Andy

/ How was your experience with Kubota finance? #10  
My financing was approved on May 12. I purchased from an out of state dealer and am still awaiting delivery but I have no complaints there. That was expected and communication with Barlow has been excellent.
I do find it strange that nearly a month later I have yet to hear anything from Kubota finance or insurance. No account information, no premium payment requested. Maybe the ball doesn't start rolling until I actually take delivery or the tractor is on the truck heading my way.
It's not a big deal and I'm not upset in any way. I'd rather not be paying on something I haven't seen or taken possession of yet. But generally these details are set up in advance. I could have had the account information set up in my local bank's online bill pay service if I had it to work with.