How would you compare two HST transmissions?

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #51  
I was moving a horse panel on my forks. As it was only 100lbs or so I knew I didn't need any ballast on the back. Roll down the hill on the grass to lean it against the back of the barn. Got close to the barn & let off the go pedal... nothing happened, I kept going. Hit the brakes, nothing happened. No I have 2 pallet forks sized holes in the back of my barn & skid marks that aren't on the ground.

I'd have been fine if it was in 4wd or I had ballast on the 3pt, but I hadn't bothered as it was just a 100lbs panel...

Where in the world might the skid marks be if they are not on the ground?:laughing:

Edit: I sometimes wonder if the B9200 isn't more difficult than most tractors to switch out of FWA. It's very difficult to get it out of FWA whether sitting still or moving. Usually have to take the "load" off by backing up a little and even then have to move the lever at just the right time when the drive train between the front and rear wheels is "slack". Definitely don't want the front wheels turned to either side when exiting FWA. Engaging FWA is much easier.

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #52  
On a job today, took a couple pics & vids. The first vid (and I'm sorry they were so shaky) is going up a hill, first in Medium, then in Low. The second vid is pushing into a pile of topsoil, first in Medium, then Low.

The tractor is a 52 HP Massey HST Cab. Loaded rear 17.5Lx24 R4 tires. Have mounted on the 3pt an implement weighing approx 1200 lbs. Also, notice the full bucket of fresh, moist topsoil (probably right around 2000 lbs).

For the hill climb, Using auto-throttle when going up the hill, I kept the throttle near idle and let the tractor adjust. The hill is about a 30% rise (rises approx 10 ft over 30 ft). In the vid, I start right at the bottom of the rise, no running start.

For the "pile run" I set the RPM's around 2500 psi (for the loader) and pushed into the bottom of the pile, working the joystick like normal to fill it...no cheating by digging from the top where it's lighter.

Vids are just for comparison sake, to show you how my HST tractor reacts under load.

1470007458922.jpg
1470007757937.jpg
1470007812950.jpg

HST hill demo - YouTube
HST into pile - YouTube

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #53  
TSO,
Seems to work well with no strain apparent, very similar to my Deere 4520. Nice tractor and should be easy to work with without tiring the operator. A lot of my work is similar to this, back and forth up and down an embankment makes good use of a hydro tranny.

The noise from the hydro is more predominate on your MF, on my Deere it is more a mix of engine than hydro. But no accurate way to judge actual sound levels from a video since playback volume is at the discretion of the individual computer settings.

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #54  
Yeah I think the noise is a combination of the foot pedals linking directly to the valve (not electronic), that valve being right under foot, and the minimal amount of cab insulation that AGCO-Iseki uses. My buddies L5240 is also alot quieter.

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #55  
Could be but a nice tractor regardless.

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #56  
Get a few more hours under your belt and maybe you will learn how to actually get a full bucket when digging in a loose pile of dirt :D
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
Just kidding. :laughing:

/ How would you compare two HST transmissions? #57  
On a job today, took a couple pics & vids. The first vid (and I'm sorry they were so shaky) is going up a hill, first in Medium, then in Low. The second vid is pushing into a pile of topsoil, first in Medium, then Low.

The tractor is a 52 HP Massey HST Cab. Loaded rear 17.5Lx24 R4 tires. Have mounted on the 3pt an implement weighing approx 1200 lbs. Also, notice the full bucket of fresh, moist topsoil (probably right around 2000 lbs).

For the hill climb, Using auto-throttle when going up the hill, I kept the throttle near idle and let the tractor adjust. The hill is about a 30% rise (rises approx 10 ft over 30 ft). In the vid, I start right at the bottom of the rise, no running start.

For the "pile run" I set the RPM's around 2500 psi (for the loader) and pushed into the bottom of the pile, working the joystick like normal to fill it...no cheating by digging from the top where it's lighter.

Vids are just for comparison sake, to show you how my HST tractor reacts under load.

View attachment 476225
View attachment 476226
View attachment 476227

HST hill demo - YouTube
HST into pile - YouTube
Thanks for the vids. That second bucket load sure was full.

The longer I own this 1643, the more I'm convinced the 1600 series might be the best compact tractors ever built, although I must say I was quite impressed with the 4000Twenty series from JD. The 4520 I tried out was pretty darn nice.